Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 app icon in white theme

Windows 10 app icon in white theme

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Surface Pro (5th Gen)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Windows 10 has a white theme since version 1903, because of that some icons change their color between black or white to contrast the whole UI color. Spotify has an old squared icon on the white theme that has nothing to do with the black theme icon.

I've reported this the same week the update was released, and I haven't seen any change.

Please, can you update your icon so they're the same icon on both themes? Thank you.White themeWhite themeBlack themeBlack theme

7 Replies

No fix so far! It should be easy to fix 😞

This isn't a perfect solution but if you uninstall the Windows Store version of the app and install Spotify directly from the Spotify website, you'll get the proper version of the Spotify App Icon in the light mode of Windows 10. I think it is related to something about Windows Store versions of the apps since Whatsapp and iTunes both exhibit the same behavior where switching to light mode gives you the square icon from the start menu rather than the round icon that should be going on the status bar.

thanks so much it worked 

radcharles4_0-1608219546543.png

This is still a problem yet to be fixed. Whilst the Spotify legacy downloadable app logo looks fine, the Windows store version still looks ugly. I prefer the windows store version because of the live tiles. Please update the icon to look normal. I am on latest version of Spotify on latest Windows 10 build.

I also have this issue - it's very annoying as I always use the light theme, but it means the Spotify icon stands out on my taskbar and looks out of place. I'd love it if this could be fixed!

I also love using the Store version for easy updates so don't really want to download the version from the website.

Hey folks,

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts