Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 app randomly goes offline

Windows 10 app randomly goes offline

Hi,

Recently, the windows 10 application started randomly going offline. 

The internet connection is working fine, other sensitive programs are running without issues.

So far tried:

• Connecting with VPN
  • Connecting without VPN
  • Different network
  • Reinstalling spotify
  • Completely reinstalled windows (for unrelated reasons)

The problem persists.

Different devices do not have this issue. The app works without issues on an iPhone 7+. Firestick app works fine too.

Plan

Premium

Device

Acer Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 - 1709

Spotify version

1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

llll.png
6 Replies

Hi there,

Can you try to access the Spotify Web Player? You can find it here: https://open.spotify.com/

Let me know how it goes 🙂

The web player works, just like all other devices/platforms on the same network.

When playing from the windows app the web player (and mobile app) it connects to the windows app and displays the "You're listening on [device]" message, which disappears when the app disconnects.

i'm having the same problem here... 

Hi @circo,

Have you tried a clean reinstall of the app?

Have a great day! 🙂

Was anyone able to resolve this issue? 

I have the same issue with the desktop application. Sometimes it works... but most of the time it thinks it's offline (while every other internet function on the computer works). Re-installing the app did not resolve the issue.

Hey there @Hizeh,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

If you've tried the steps suggested by @Brunelicia, we'd recommend you give these steps a go and clear the cache. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't do the trick, try restarting the device. Then you can log out and log back in to the account. 

Can you check if the issue persists when you open the app on another device? By doing this we can see if it is a device-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts