Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 client black screen

Windows 10 client black screen

Windows home 10 fully updated. Internet connection on monday - Spotify client updated and playlists synced to be available when no internet connection.

Wednesday and i get the full black screen with no interent connection. What gives?

I guess I can claim a refund from Spotify then for really poorly designed and maintained software? What is the fix for this if you cannot go online?

spotfu ntohing.PNG
5 Replies

Hey there @drblodski

Thanks for reaching out on the Community. 

If the menu buttons in the app are active it's worth trying to disable hardware acceleration:

1. Click View in the menu bar. 

2. Uncheck Hardware acceleration.

3. Restart Spotify.

We're afraid that this behavior can be caused by a few things and most of the troubleshooting we can offer would require an online connection. Could you let us know if you're able to go online so that we'd know how to continue our troubleshooting.

We hope this helps. We'll be here if you have any updates or questions

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thnx Elena, so you confirm then that Spotify windows client cannot be used offline as advertised? The whole intention is to use it in  offline mode. Going online to troubleshoot would kind of defeat the purpose of this feature no?

Went online, switched spotify to online mode, disabled Hardware acceleation. ELt everything update. Put spotify in offline mode, closed it. Restarted laptop, no internet connection.

Now still see this:

drblodski_0-1636619359423.png

Please help me resolve this issue. Can you confirm this is a problem with the software or am i doing somethign wrong.

Hi there @drblodski,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

You can use Spotify in offline mode if you've downloaded your playlists. However, you need to be able to have internet connection to download them. Also, it shouldn't be problem opening up the app without internet connection.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same behavior while using the web player?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

What a useless reply that is no help whatsoever Jeremy

Suggested posts