Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Windows 10 Desktop PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The desktop client doesn't sync when I add songs to my library on my phone. For example, I'm listening to Discover Weekly and save 2 songs, these songs don't appear on the computer. How do I fix that?

12 Replies

Hey there @halvarez_92,

thanks for posting !

It seems like you might have a small connectivity issue.

Please visit your account overview at Spotify.com and click "Sign Out Everywhere".

Then log back in on all devices with the same accout credentials and see if it helps.

Have a great day 😃

Thanks for replying, unfortunately it doesn't work. I already tried to desync all devices, logged out of both my clients, and logged back in.

I don't know if I'm missing any steps, but doing that had no effect.

I've got the same problem! It's so frustrating! It's not only my saved songs list being different on my phone and on my PC, it's also playlists created by other people looking almost completely different on both devices! Also, I'm currently playing music on my PC via the Spotify client and it doesn't see my phone, connected to the Wi-Fi, on which Spotify is also on. 🙂 That's what I pay for, monthly? Wow.  

EDIT: I uninstalled the Spotify client on my PC and installed it once again (it was the newest version, mind you). All of those issues magically disappeared. BUT I did the same thing a month or two ago and then it also helped, so it seems those issues come back every once in a while. :')

Hey there @halvarez_92,

thanks for the update !

Please follow these steps on your device:

- Turn the WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on. If that doesn’t work, try restarting the router

- Check if the desktop device has a firewall. If so, make sure that Spotify is set as an exception

- Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback)

- If possible, try it with a different WiFi network. Some shared or public networks can restrict access to certain services. If it works with another connection, i recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

- Make sure that the desktop device is up to speed with any OS, firmware or driver updates.

Let me know how it goes 😃

I also have this issues. No new songs have been added to my Songs list on the PC, even though I've been adding them daily on my android OnePlus 5t, since 15th of May. I have reinstalled Spotify on the PC to no avail.

Reinstalling the app fixes this issue for me.

This desync issue seems to happen every once in a while. While the actual Uninstalling and installing process might not take long, You have to re-add the local files imported from your pc every single time you reinstall the client which is very annoying.

Hey @Carbon-Dioxide @halvarez_92 @Jim9137 @nannuky,

Please double check that you're all logged in the same account on all devices on top of the steps suggested above.

In addition, making sure that you OS and audio drivers are up to date can help as well.

Alright, let me clarify:

- Yes I've logged myself in with the same account on both devices. I don't have more than 1 account, so it's easy to tell. If I wasn't logged in I'd get ads and lose several features, so I'd notice.

- Songs used to sync just fine, it's been recently that songs I add on my phone just stop syncing with the desktop app. I can however play on my phone and tell it to play on desktop using the device selector, and it will play without an issue. Even after that the desktop app doesn't sync.

- My drivers are up to date, so that's not the problem. Besides I don't see how an audio driver or an OS KB pack could affect a list of saved songs. I would understand if I couldn't play songs, but the problem here is the list isn't updating.

Hey @halvarez_92,

Let's take another step and reinstall the Spotify app on your device using this help page.

Reinstalling seems to have fixed it at first glance, but I'll have to wait until I find more songs to save before I can tell you if it worked completely.

Hey @halvarez_92,

Thanks for updating me!

Feel free to reply back to the post in case anything changes and i'll be more than glad to jump back in and help 😃

Hey @halvarez_92,

Thanks for updating me!

Feel free to reply back to the post in case anything changes and i'll be more than glad to jump back in and help 😃

Suggested posts