Premium

Country

US 

Device

HP Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

The Spotify application sporadically (1/3 to 1/2 of the time) comes up with the error "No internet connection detected.  Spotify will automatically try to reconnect when it detects an internet connection (error code 4)".   My internet service is a cable connection with no reliability problems.  I uninstalled / reinstalled the program 

- no change.  The program is not logged into Facebook, and I have not connected it into friends.  The program is cleared (OK'd) through the Windows firewall.  Any ideas for solving this problem?      

4 Replies

Hey @wminner.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community 🙂

Have you had a look at this thread?

If so, let us know and we'll happy to troubleshoot further.

Keep us posted,

P

Thanks for the link, Peter.......I tried the first solution ("Internet Protocol Version 4", manually set DNS server address), and it did not solve the problem.  I haven't been able to find the Win10 input screen for the 2nd potential solution (Settings > Advanced Settings > Proxy, change from "Auto Detect" to "HTTP").  

Note that I am still able to listen to Spotify Premium - the songs keep playing when the Spotify application is in its sporadic (1/3+) offline mode.  However, I can't make any changes while offline, e.g. start a new album when the previous one is done.     

Hey @wminner,

Could you try disabling the firewall completely while using Spotify just to check if the same thing happens? 

Also try using the web player for a while and see if something occurs there (with and without firewall). 

If nothing helps, get back to us with the Spotify version, and a screenshot of the error message.

Thanks! 🙂

Thanks, Jemi.........the web application in Chrome works much better, with only a couple of 5-sec pauses during an hour of playing - my guess is that these 'hiccups' are not related to the Spotify Windows application error.  I did not turn off the firewall while playing through Chrome.    

I timed the offline periods yesterday for 15 min, and Spotify Windows was offline (error code 4) for 1/2 of the time, with shutdown and online periods of ~1 min.  Attached is a screen pic from today - turning off the firewall had no effect.  I didn't time the offline periods while fooling around with it today.  The program version is "1.0.89.313.g34a58dea (Windows Store version)".  

2018-09-25 Spotify Offline Error Code 4.jpg

Suggested posts