Windows Player Sounds Underwater/Can't Hear Speech

Plan

Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Windows 7 PC

My Question or Issue

I can't hear any podcasts and all my music sounds underwater when using the desktop client on windows 7. When I use the web player the music/podcasts sound absolutely fine. The desktop client does make some sound through the speakers all of which proves that the hardware of my system works fine and Spotify isn't muted or anything .

Sometimes I can even hear a couple of seconds of the podcast before it changes and I can no longer hear anything apart from deep murmers .

I've tried reinstalling sound drivers and the desktop client itself .

I've also played with the desktop client by changing settings around normalising volume and cross-fading but to no avail. 

Can you suggest what might be wrong?

3 Replies

Hey @iamwardrobedoor.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi Peter,

I did a clean install last week before posting and it has made no difference .

My version number attached. 

Thank you for your help

1540107960417395758420.jpg

Hey @iamwardrobedoor, that sounds a bit odd. 

We suggest that you uninstall, but this time, go to your %Appdata% folder and remove any Spotify folder your see under both Local and Roaming, and then reinstall the app. 

Also, do you have any additional sound managing programs? Make sure they're disabled. 

Lastly, what happens when you use Windows Media Player? Can you reproduce this there?

Thanks!

Suggested posts