Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't add more than 50 tracks to a playlist on Windows. This works fine on Android.

Take, for example, this album that contains 58 tracks: https://open.spotify.com/album/7odmrjitR8PW3zbxzAr5Ii?si=jIiiZCLNS3KQG5aZNwGuDA&dl_branch=1

If I click on three dots, then "Add to Playlist", and "New Playlist", when I check the just created playlist, it contains only the first 50 songs of the album, the final 8 were left out.

If I try the same on my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone, all 58 tracks are copied to the playlist, so this is a problem only on Windows.

I have uninstalled Spotify, downloaded from your site and installed again, and the issue persists, even with the latest version.

Please fix this asap, as it is annoying.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jpinto0,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @jpinto0, thanks for sharing. I've edited my reply because after my initial post, I actually managed to replicate the behavior you mentioned. Instead of clicking the three dot menu at the top of the album, if you'll click on a track from the album, and then use the keyboard shortcut "ctrl + a" to select all of the tracks or go to the top left three dot menu in the app, and then click "edit > select all" you should be able to add all of the tracks to a playlist. You can either drag them onto a playlist in your left hand side bar, or right click and use the context menu to "add to playlist."

dinomightSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the workaround works, and will have to do it for now.

Anyway, this is a bug in the Windows app and it was broken sometime ago since I was able to add more than 50 tracks to a playlist in the past using the "Add to playlist" option.

There is no reason to truncate the playlist to 50 tracks and this does not happen on other platforms (Android / iOS).

Can this be reported to Spotify development and fixed, please?

Thanks

Marked as solution

Hey @jpinto0,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here if you haven't already. You can also follow the steps provided under Status Update.    

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope this is helpful and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts