Plan

Free

Country

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I restarted my computer today and I guess Spotify updated (1.0.83.318.g6c07039d) or something and I noticed that the Spotify window stays on top and has priority over every other window now and I can't alt+tab into other windows anymore without Spotify staying on top, I have to manually press the minimize button every single time which is pretty annoying. Anyone else having this issue? is there a fix?

10 Replies

Dear to whom this may concern,

I believe the following solution is not desirable but try keeping the setting:

"Advanced Settings" > "Startup and Behaviour" > Make sure that the Spotify program is set on "Minimised" (on startup).

That does not work, have the same problem.... so frusterating, someone put a setting to allow for the app to work like other windows opened.  Either minimized or on top.... Why can we not adjust this ourselves!

this is still an issue 1 year later. 

if you still experience this issue try disabling the hardware acceleration. You can do this from the three dots in the upper left corner -> View - deselect the Hardware Acceleration

This fixed my problem.

Thanks. I'll try it

Deselecting Hardware Acceleration in Advanced Settings works per the suggestion above.

Thank you, it worked!

Even just disabling hardware acceleration then turning it back on after spotify restarts worked for me. Thanks. 🙂

Works like a charm. Although, it's weird.

Deselecting Hardware Acceleration in Advanced Settings works per the suggestion above.

Suggested posts