Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows app won't play to speaker, but webplayer will

Windows app won't play to speaker, but webplayer will

I had been using the Spotify app on my computer without issue, but suddenly it won't connect to my Sonos speaker. It will only play through the cheesy laptop speakers. My android app connects to the speaker just fine, but then I am unable to control volume or songs through the app on my computer. The Windows app doesn't even recognize that the song is playing when it is going through the Android app. 

The webplayer plays fine through the Sonos speaker from my laptop, I just prefer the user interface of the Windows app. I tried uninstalling the app on my computer and reinstalling, and that did not change anything. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Lenovo ThinkPad (work computer)

Operating System

Windows 10

3 Replies

Hi there @squidthekid42

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

Would you mind letting us know if you've already performed a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing issues on your computer. It will also get you the latest app version. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their account using your device and see if they can replicate the issue? 

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately, in order to perform a clean reinstall I need an admin password from my organization's IT department. I was hoping I would not have to involve them. I also do not have someone else who can log in to attempt to replicate the issue on my computer. 

Hi again @squidthekid42,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind that performing a clean reinstall fixes these issues most of the times. This is because it helps clearing the corrupted files that might be causing it. 

In this case, we'd also recommend making sure that your network has no restrictions for Spotify, or that you're not connected to a VPN. If you're using an Antivirus, it's also worth checking that it isn't blocking Spotify in any way. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts