Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows client autoplays some loud sample upon opening

Windows client autoplays some loud sample upon opening

What fresh **bleep** is this?  My Windows Spotify client now plays 15-20 seconds of some random piece of dance/R&B music at maximum volume upon opening.  No way to turn this "feature" off in settings that I can find.  A lot of people who might use the client at work are going to have some angry co-workers.   Please give us the option to turn this stupid thing off?

3 Replies

I have the same problem. It bothers me because it does it every time the application opens, and if I happen to forget about then it destroys my eardrums. Sometimes it plays one sample of a song and then it plays another right on top of it. It's an ear-rape, I hate it.

edit: It doesn't matter how low my volume is when the application starts, the sample is always played at full volume.

edit2: the update didn't fix it

So apparantly it plays music whenever it wants -- not just when the software starts... RIP

Its the interface in the browse tab with the colorful artists. If you hover your mouse over an artist, it'll play a sample. I solved the problem by keeping my spotify on a tab that isn't browse.

Suggested posts