Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WoW classic + Spotify makes my new computer crash.

WoW classic + Spotify makes my new computer crash.

Plan

Free

Sweden

Device

PC 

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I bought a new computer like two weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. There is just a slight problem with it. While i play WoW Classic and listen to music through Spotify it makes my computer crash and then reboot. 

And that's the weird thing about it. When I only listen to spotify it's fine. And when I only play WoW it's fine. It's the combination of both that causes the crash. I've tried to listen through youtibe while playing with no problem. I even had the store I bought the PC from run stress tests on it. They didnt find any problem. 

So, do you have any idea what the problem might be? 

I've tried to reinstall spotify 4 or 5 times. I've tried the app version and the regular version. I've refreshed windows. I've cleared the appdata with no succuss.

5 Replies

Hey @Hanni92 

Looking at your description, you're getting a blue screen?

One thing that can cause a crash is when your physical memory is used up entirely and virtual memory gets used up as well. I believe both programs are rather heavy and can tax the system pretty well. Could you check your memory usage, if you have enough of physical memory? 🙂

Do you get that crasha s soon as you boot up both programs, or does it happen in a later point of time?
If it's the latter, I'd definitely recommend checking your Resource Monitor, particularly what happens with memory, CPU and perhaps hard drive.

You can check error info by using Event Viewer. Choose "Application" under Windows Logs. Blue screens are marked as Error, but not all errors listed there are blue screens.
You can also check "System".
When you find the error entry for the crash you're experiencing, please screenshot it, or copy-paste the text here. It might have some useful info. 🙂

Looking forward to your reply!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am getting the same issue now too, also on a new PC with windows 11 - did you manage to fix it?

Hey @Lethologica,

Could you let us know under what circumstances your PC crashes?
We'll need all the details we can get in order to troubleshoot this accordingly.
We'd also advise taking a look at what @Sebasty has proposed and providing the relevant info here as well 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I have similar problem as well. Also new PC with win 10. But with Wow retail not classic.

From time to time while playing wow Spotify crashes and plays in loop last 2-3 secs of song. Wow is still running but at this point can't do anything outside game, can't minimase it, can alt tab, can't do anything, only alt F4 is working and after it everything is comming back to normal. Can launch game right after again and both Spotify and Wow are working untill next crash like this.
Have 32GB memory and less than half is in use, so it's definately not memory issue.

Hey there @moonlighta,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening with WoW or with other games as well? 

On another note, we suggest that you make sure the OS of your PC and its audio drivers are up-to-date.

Lastly, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts