Desktop (windows)

Xbox series S

Operating System

Windows 11

Version

Desktop (199.878.0)

Xbox (2.26.35.70)

My Question or Issue

Today at 5:10am on 28/11/22 Spotify randomly starting giving my the "we can't play this right now" message on my desktop which was casting to my Xbox. Once it finished the song it signed me out on my Xbox and wouldn't let me re-pair. It then takes about another 4 minutes to sign in on my Xbox using the login details, but when I press play on something, nothing happens. After signing back in, when I go to cast again from my desktop, it kicks me back out to the login screen again and does nothing. I have Spotify updated on both devices, or at the very least have no option to update them

9 Replies

Hi there @Wafia,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this started happening with your Xbox.

You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your console. After that restart the Xbox.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried that on both devices and was still having the issue. It is working fine now though, not sure what was causing the issue in the first place. It is the first time it's ever happened for me though.

I have tried and tried to put Spotify on my Xbox it give me a code I put it in and the. It still does not put me in my account

Having this issue in 2024, but I uninstalled it and now xbox won't let me reinstall it. Everything else is working fine though.

Just got the same issue right now and nothing is fixing it 

I am having the same issue

I am having the same issue right now.

also just had this issue. spotify just randomly stopped working on xbox, started getting an error that said 'there was a problem, please try again" or something like that, wouldn't let me do anything so i deleted the app and and hard restarted my xbox then redownloaded it but now it wont let me sign in manually in the xbox version of the app so i have to either connect my spotify app on my pc to my xbox or pair it using the pair code on a browser but for the former my xbox doesn't even show up on the connect list and for the latter nothing happens when i pair it just sits on the same screen forever, if i press b and go back to the menu it shows an account but its not mine its name is just a bunch of random numbers and nothing happens when i click it. it seems to have happened at the same time as the commenters above, is it on spotify's side and not ours?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in this thread!

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing issues with this? If so, could you try reinstalling the app to see if makes any difference? We also recommend checking for any updates for the Xbox OS.

Should the issue persist, feel free to send us a picture or video showing how things look from your end. Just make sure it doesn't include any personal info. If the files are too large to attach here in the Community, you can send them to us via Google Drive or as unlisted YouTube videos.

Keep us in the loop!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts