Premium

Country

USA

Device

Dell Latitude 5490

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

At a total loss as to how to get this to work on my laptop. I've tried deleting every instance of anything Spotify touches on my machine and reinstalling (downloader version, full install version, app store version) and installing older versions of Spotify (most recently 1.0.70.388 at someone's recommendation).

It looks like it installs properly every time, populating a shortcut on my desktop and in my app menu. The first thing that seems off to me is that the coloration on the icon is inverted - the interior circle is white with lime green filling the square. When I click to run the application, the loading icon appears for a fraction of a second and nothing happens. No processes appear in my task manager. Same thing every time, no matter of the version I've installed or if I've restarted the machine. I've not experienced this issue with any other program on this machine, and have no issues on any other machine I own. Please help!

2 Replies

The WIndows 10 desktop app and the stand-alone installed version don't work for me either. When I say say don't work, I mean they start to load the main app window but it's just a black empty window and it becomes "unresponsive". It crashes moments later. I just use the Web Player.

Obviously, Spotify Windows 10 devs are clueless and their QA department is non-existent.

Hey there @jascan25 and @MatrixDwellerm,

Thanks for posting! 

Currently there are issues with opening  the app on a desktop device. Here's the Ongoing Issue about this.

In the descriptions there are some troubleshooting steps to try.

If they don't do the trick, we advise you to go add your vote which will show that you too are experiencing this. You can vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Feel free to subscribe to get relevant updates on the situation.

We hope this helps!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts