Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Songs Playing When Selected (Sorting Bug)

Solved!

Wrong Songs Playing When Selected (Sorting Bug)

Having a new problem where when I click on saved songs it starts playing a different song, and I have to manually skip through until I get what I want. This only happens with saved songs and after some investigation I worked out that the problem is apparently the feature to arrange the album by song title, album title etc has been removed; presumably in yet another 'helpful' update. The songs are now automatically being arranged in the order they appear on the album, but are being stored in the order I saved them, and I can no longer click on Album or Title to re-arrange them. The problem presents across both versions of Spotify desktop that I use, so it isn't a computer issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @roblikesmusic,

Have you tried a clean reinstall? Make sure that every version of the program is deleted.

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @roblikesmusic,

Have you tried a clean reinstall? Make sure that every version of the program is deleted.

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the response, that fixed the problem sure enough.

I'd just like to say, though: 're-install Spotify' seems to be the common response and solution to a lot of problems with the service and, as a user, it speaks of incredibly shoddy design if we're constantly having to re-install a program just to keep it running properly.

I have never been told/had to re-install a program/app as much as I have with Spotify, just to retain basic functionality, and the fact I'm paying a monthly fee for the service makes it even worse.

I love Spotify as a service, but they need to make massive improvements to their software because it is some of the most buggy and unreliable I have ever encountered.

I've reinstalled(multiple times) on my PC and it let me change up the organization again, by album up or down, by song up or down, etc., but it still just plays whatever song is first in the list when there's no organization specified. Mobile app is fine. Very annoying.

---I just found the main link to the Spotify fix thread, I'll see if it works.

Suggested posts