Country

Norway

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello!

My issue is that my computer is playing wrong some wrong songs when I use the Win 10 App, not all songs put someone, and it works fine on my phone. I have tried reinstalling Spotify, but that did not  help at all. I have a litle demonstration video. 

Thanks so long! 😄

3 Replies

Hey @hansdia,

Thanks for letting us know, and a very helpful for the video! 

If we understand you correctly, the same title plays two different songs. Is that correct?

We just need the URI/song links for both songs (the one from the app and the one from the web player). You can find this with a right-click on the songs, and paste them in your reply and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

For me the correct song is playing when playing that song from that playlist in my desktop version of Spotify. So perhaps you have a local cache issue on your machine that is causing this.

First force quit Spotify in Windows task manager then go here:

C:\Users\USERNAME(change this to your actual username on your computer)\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users\

In there you will find a users folder click that one and then locate a file named local-files.bnk now delete this file and the re launch Spotify and see if the problem is now gone!

Hey @hansdia.

Could you let us know if you've tried the steps provided by @SkyForce6?

Keep us posted,

P

Suggested posts