Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X, PC

Operating System

iOS 14.6, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have moved to using Spotify as my only podcast app. I like it for the most part and things are getting better with the UI, but here is one thing I cannot figure out. On my phone, the "Your Episodes" playlist has three podcasts that I can "Continue Listening" to, and then it lists the newest podcasts out from all the podcasts I am subscribed to. On the desktop app it only shows podcasts that I specifically add to that playlist. Which seems kind of silly, why would I make a playlist of podcasts when I am only ever going to listen to each episode once? 

When I go to Podcasts on the top tab of the desktop app and sort by added recently I get the ones I have subscribed to recently, not the ones that have recently added new episodes. I have like 50 podcasts I have subbed to and they all go in and out of releasing new episodes in accordance with their own 'seasons' and currently the only way I can see if there is a new episode is to literally go into each one.

My question is basically, can I make the desktop app aggregate new episodes automatically into the Your Episodes playlist as my phone does? And if not, can I display new episodes in a better way ondesktop?

1 Reply

Hi @andrewprime1,

Welcome to the Community, we'll shed some light into the situation.

At the moment the desktop app doesn't allow to list only the new podcast episodes. They are always grouped under each podcast title. 

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting a way to better sort podcast episodes on the desktop app.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more about how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts