Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Solved!

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

sparood
Casual Listener

Hi,

I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it).

This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. However, all the albums listed in 'my music' are present on my smartphone... So somehow they've disappeared on my desktop... If I save/add an album, the 'my music' tabs still show the message 'couldn't load your music' (well, in dutch). 'Load again' doesn't do the trick. Also, the browse page won't stop loading, i.e. nothing happens...

Ideas anyone?!

EDIT:Subject changed to make topic cleare. Original subject "Lost My Music".

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

The solution that 2frozen put forth worked for me as well on my mac and I'm fully funtional again.

The key part is to delete the cache files as just re-installing spotify (at least for me) didn't do it.  You can find the location of your cache files by looking in preferences->cache. If you search in the finder on the mac it won't find them since they are hidden files. However you can adjust that in your finder search by clicking the "+" under the search bar, then in the bar that appears change "kind" to "file visability" (or go into other... and select "file visable" if that option doesn't show),  and in the bar that will now say "visable" change that to "visable and invisable". 

The two folders I deleted were:

com.spotify.client

com.spotify.danstaller

Hope that's of some help. I ran into this suggestion in another thread but since I failed to find and delete the cache files on my first try it didn't work. Now all is well. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Solution!

Maroder
Regular

As other Users have already acknowledged deleting the contents of the folder %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Spotify fixes the issue under Windows 8.1. No reinstall needed - just close Spotify before deleting.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

nuckraven

XScL schrieb:

It's working on the webplayer for me now, but not on the standalone... Most strange. And being on a mac I don't have any such antivirus software.

same here

mrrosshendo
Regular

I just tried that and it didn't work :

Spoiler
😞

Yannisf1
Gig Goer

Hey mrrosshendo,

look at the clock in the corner (Bottom, Roght); it's actually working for i.

SpotifyArtists.jpg

Have a nice week and a lot of music 😉

Yannis.

I'm sorry for the mistakes when writing, but i'm french an do what i can 🙂

mrrosshendo
Regular

I've logged out and in on the desktop but it's still not working. It's working on the web player though

Yannisf1
Gig Goer

We've all the same problem 😕

It's weekend guys!!!

Please do something.

-Windows 8.1-

-Spotify Client 0.9.10.22.gf87988f9-

-STANDARD ACCOUNT-

Have a nice week and a lot of music 😉

Yannis.

I'm sorry for the mistakes when writing, but i'm french an do what i can 🙂

XScL
Regular

Same problem here since yesterday afternoon, the only way to access my music is via the song list, albums and artists fail to load and the browse just sticks on the wheel but the sidebar loads (same on the webplayer).  Also when I search for music using the searchfunction, songs I know I have added appear unchecked (i.e. wanting to be added again).

Wondering how long this is going to continue for

Running Mac OSX 10.9.4 client

Spotify Client Version 0.9.10.22.gf87988f9

mrrosshendo
Regular

I'm having exactly the same problem. Everything  working fine apart from Browse and Follow which get stuck on loading in addition to the Albums and Artists section where I get a message saying 'Error: your music failed to load'. I'm new to Premium so would like a fix ASAP.

Spotify Version: 0.9.10.22.gf87988f9

gracegal
Casual Listener

Browse not loading despite doing the uninstalling/restart/reinstalling procedure. I am using an iMac OSX Mavericks latest version, all are updated (softwares/programs and all). I can't see any other possible problem on my side. I guess the ball in in your court now Spotify and need to fix this issue/s. Thank you and we do appreciate all the support. 🙂 Keep it up! 🙂

thebearhorse

same problem here in scotland using mac 10.9.4 spotify app and web player 

Maroder
Regular

Same problem on my premium account since two days.

Please fix ASAP!

Screenshot-2014-07-12-15.33.jpg

kernkraft400

Same Problem here. (Germany)

I'm using the Spotify Web Player on the latest Chrome version.

Also tried it with the latest Spotify version, unfortunately without success.

Hope this error will be fixed soon...

sybase
Casual Listener

mac os x 10.9.4, spotify 0.9.10.22gf87988f9, germany

straydogstrut

I'm experiencing the same issue on my new MacBook Pro running OSX Mavericks. Just downloaded Spotify and same issues in the WebPlayer too. Spotify still works on my iOS devices too.

Activity monitor shows one of the Spotify Helpers is not responding and the Console shows messages relating to Spotify:

Activity & Log

Sacrimony
Regular

@Joe I know what you mean my friend, I feel pretty powerless also.

Robbie
Spotify Legend

Thanks everyone for your reports, and to @Joe for the heads up.

We're looking into this for you now. Please keep telling us if you see this and add the OS and Spotify version you're using. We'll make sure it goes to the right people.

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

saturn5rocket

Same isues here in UK... OSX 10.9.4 (13E28), browsing fails to load with continual spinning dots... albums and artists returns the error music failed to load. Some apps don't  load either. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled... rebooted the rooter all to no avail. As with everyone the IOS app works fine. Three weeks into the free trial I'm wondering if my money will be better spent elsewhere, especially with the lack of response to my earlier email to customer support??

filtrum
Regular

Also, when I add a song to a playlist, the added time stays "now" all the time, it doesn't change, and the added songs are sorted alphabetically.

sybase
Casual Listener

same here in germany.. mac client.. sucks so much.. its weekend guys 😞

HddE

I'm having similar problems. Search doesn't work at all, Browse just shows the circle of dots spinning forever. The rest of the functions seem unaffected, though I haven't tried them in-depth. Both search and browse work well in the web player.

Using Spotify 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c. Windows Vista Home Basic. Have tried a clean reinstall.

sparood
Casual Listener

Just to let you know: as of this morning the account of my husband (which I mentioned earlier as working properly) has the same problem...

Joe
Community Legend

UPDATE: I have managed to escalate this to one of the Spotify team and I'll let you know when I hear anything more.

SUGGESTED POSTS