Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Solved!

Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014

Hi,

I'm very new to all of this (spotify) and it might be that my problem is already mentioned somewhere (though I couldn't find it).

This morning all was well, but now I have lost all of 'my music'. Playlists are intact. This is on my laptop. However, all the albums listed in 'my music' are present on my smartphone... So somehow they've disappeared on my desktop... If I save/add an album, the 'my music' tabs still show the message 'couldn't load your music' (well, in dutch). 'Load again' doesn't do the trick. Also, the browse page won't stop loading, i.e. nothing happens...

Ideas anyone?!

EDIT:Subject changed to make topic cleare. Original subject "Lost My Music".

118 Replies

Thanks! That worked for me 🙂

It looks like everything is gradually returning to normal. Yay!

For me it works again. Thx and have a nice weekend.

What a fantastic community here, it's heartwarming 🙂

Everything is working great over here, for now hehe. Although I can't upgrade for some reason. Getting an error code 500 on the site. 

Another strange one.

It's probably connected. I suspect it will take another day for everything to be working 100%. Have a great weekend 🙂

Ah fair enough. Thanks for your coninuted support @Joe. You have a good weekend too! 🙂

Having the same issues since this AM. Can't web player (infiinite wheel of death) & desktop ("try again") not working, other than streaming playlists on the desktop. Using Chrome v35.0.1916.153, OSX v10.9.3. Have tried deleting, clearing cache, restarting, reinstalling. Firewall and virus protection aren't the issue either.  Any solutions yet?  

Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 2.50.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-12 at 2.49.19 PM.png

The deleting the cache folder trick worked for me (also on a mac), open up the preferences on the stand alone player. Click browse cache, move up to the library directory then delete the com.spotify.client folder and restart the player. Hopefully that will work.

Het @cheapandevilgrl , I'm not sure if this is fully fixed for everyone yet but it's worth just trying the web player in an incognito window.

For me, it's also working again - without doin anything!

Nice Weekend!

Awesome 🙂

If anyone is still having problems, logging out of spotify and back in should get everything working.

Yes! It's working again!!!

Thanks so much! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi everyone! I woke up and opened my spotify app in my Mac and it's now working. I didn't do anything to fix it. It just works. I guess Spoitfy fixed it overnight. Thanks, Spotify! 🙂

Hi everyone,

I was having issues with spotify since the update, but as I was going away I did not do anything.

I cam back today, and I was still having issues, spotify kept crashing on me.

So, I decided to reinstall.

I use Windows 8, so the main download page often does not work, but even when I tried the download link suggested for Windows 8, it did not work.

Someone have any further suggestions?

@Dewypanda Are you having issues with Browse or Your Music not loading? 

If not, you could try the troubleshooting steps listed here or contact our customer service team here.

I am stil getting the "Error, Your music failed to load" error when I try to go to Artists and Albums on the Mac client. The Browse page also isn't working... I only get the spinning icon. I am seeing this on two different Macs. I also see the same issue on the web client. I am not seeing this on the iPhone app. 

I first experienced this a few days ago. Spotify support suggested I delete the cache, the app, then reinstall. This seemed to work. But today it started up again. And the same procedure didn't fix the problem this time. 

This is getting rather frustrating. I think Spotify needs to deal with this situation ASAP. Others seem to be having the same problem. (I have a Premium account... I probably wouldn't be complaining about this if I wasn't paying for it).

@Rorey My issue was with the spotify program crashing every time I tried to play music after the update.

I managed to figure out how to reinstall on Windows 8. However, it would only work the day I reinstalled and as soon as I closed and restarted and it updated the program would crash.

Solved the problem by working out how to stop spotify from updating.

Same problem - couldn't search all of a sudden from Spotify on Mac Os X 10.9.4. 

Tried restarting my Macbook which did not fix the issue.

Tried logging in and out of my Spotify Premium account (through the app), which did not fix the issue. 

I ended up deleting and reinstalling Spotify altogether, which seems to have resolved the problem.

Glad you're all sorted @wookiefurball . Let us know if this pops back up and feel free to PM me. 

We believe we've resolved this issue so we're going to close it for now since several have confirmed that a re-installation fixes the issue. If you're still getting this try the troubleshooting steps listed here or contact our customer service team here.

Suggested posts