hi, i had the same problem since two days ago and managed to fix it (i use win7). my problem had nothing to do with the servers but with the useracc.-data saved on the local system! what fixed the problem: the first step was (like some people recommended) to uninstall the software. how this can be done should (hopefully) be clear.
the second step was to delete the remaining userdata-files. i found spotify folders containing the userdata-files in two locations: C:\Users\pcUserName\AppData\Roaming\ and C:\Users\pcUserName\AppData\Local\ in both cases i simply deleted the whole spotify-folder (including everything in it).
after that i only had to re-install spotify an log in and since than everything ("Browse" and so on) works fine again!
Spotify is now working ok for me now. I did not do anything to correct the problem, it just seems to have sorted itself out. Maybe ignoring it for a while was the answer!!!. Many thanks to all. Hope you have a similar outcome.
Solution!7 people liked this
Re: Your Music Failed to load/Browse not loading since 11 July 2014
The solution that 2frozen put forth worked for me as well on my mac and I'm fully funtional again.
The key part is to delete the cache files as just re-installing spotify (at least for me) didn't do it. You can find the location of your cache files by looking in preferences->cache. If you search in the finder on the mac it won't find them since they are hidden files. However you can adjust that in your finder search by clicking the "+" under the search bar, then in the bar that appears change "kind" to "file visability" (or go into other... and select "file visable" if that option doesn't show), and in the bar that will now say "visable" change that to "visable and invisable".
The two folders I deleted were:
Hope that's of some help. I ran into this suggestion in another thread but since I failed to find and delete the cache files on my first try it didn't work. Now all is well. Good luck!
As other Users have already acknowledged deleting the contents of the folder %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Spotify fixes the issue under Windows 8.1. No reinstall needed - just close Spotify before deleting.