Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

a warning: We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app

a warning: We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't play an artists "Gregory Porter" using Spotify app on Windows 10, the following warning appears:  We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app.

I did what the warning says, went to Spotify phone app -> Your library -> Artist. Found a symbol called "Hidden" there where I found "Gregory Porter" in the list behind "Hidden" (I never hidden or blocked Gregory Porter). I've allowed Gregory Porter, restarted windows Spotify but the problem keeps re-occurring over and over. I can play it on Spotify on my phone but every time I try to play it in Windows, the artist (Greogry Porter) gets blocked and I can see him in my phone app in "Hidden" list again....

Any help much appreciated.

4 Replies

Hey @madzel, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try logging out > restart device > log back in? If that doesn’t help, could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version. Also, attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing exactly and I’ll take a closer look.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Billy-J

I've tried to reinstall, restart etc....Spotify on both my laptop and phone. It did not help.

I'm still getting the same warning "We can't play this until you allow this artist in the Spotify phone app" when trying to play Gregory Porter on my computer.

When the warning appears, I do find this artists in Hidden Content on my phone app, I click "Allow to play this artist" and I can play it on my mobile again and all works fine until I try to play the same artist on the computer app....then it happens all over again.

See screen shots attached.

Spotify version running on windows 10 version 1909 is 1.1.39.612.g1e7e78a4.

Spotify version running on my Galaxy S8, Android 9, is 8.5.71.723

Thanks in advance.

2020-08-16_17-58-09.png
2020-08-16_17-51-10.png

It seems the problem has been fixed, it's working fine for me now.

Hey @madzel

Thanks for the info! I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to start a topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts