Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

adjust the playlist recommendations songs

Solved!

adjust the playlist recommendations songs

I have done a playlist containing many  genres  and sub genres  . unfortunately only a few genres are showing in the list   

Is the any option to completely restart the songs recommendations?  , meaning  refresh the base of the recommendations  so songs from other genres will also appear when i hit the refresh button and i will not be stuck on the loop . 

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ron27G,

Thanks for posting your question! I've run into something like that with the recommendations as well. It seems like it tends to recommend songs based on what has most recently been added, and I don't always have as much success with it once my playlists have become particularly lengthy.

I believe the only ways to reset these recommendations would be to either start a new playlist and add the songs in a different order or maybe remove some songs from the genres you're not seeing and re-add them so it's more influenced by those "recent" additions. That said, I've also found that the recommendations usually also gravitate towards one or two genres at a time anyway, so you may still have some trouble getting it to blend several genres the way you're wanting.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Ron27G,

Thanks for posting your question! I've run into something like that with the recommendations as well. It seems like it tends to recommend songs based on what has most recently been added, and I don't always have as much success with it once my playlists have become particularly lengthy.

I believe the only ways to reset these recommendations would be to either start a new playlist and add the songs in a different order or maybe remove some songs from the genres you're not seeing and re-add them so it's more influenced by those "recent" additions. That said, I've also found that the recommendations usually also gravitate towards one or two genres at a time anyway, so you may still have some trouble getting it to blend several genres the way you're wanting.

dinomightSpotify Star

It's working thank for your help , Thanks .

Awesome, I'm glad that improved the suggestions for you!
dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts