Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

artist discography/playlists gone?

artist discography/playlists gone?

My Question or Issue

I noticed that now when you search an artist the results show as album covers that you have to choose. Once you do that you get the track listing. Whereas before, when you selected the artist, it lists all albums in order that you can scroll through on a continuous page PLUS the track listing in order. So you can easily navigate through. We cannot do that now? Unless there is an option in the settings?

I just finished listening to a Raveonettes album and it went to a Black Rebel Motorcycle song?? wth? I wanted to listen to the next album in order??

This is definitely not user friendly...and if the statistics show that people wanted it this way, i'd like to see the numbers...because it is not? The user should be able to choose what they want.

Can someone please comment. I know it's not going to change no matter how many people complain but I would like to get an explanation why?

I do not want the generic answer the chat guy gave me...nor do I want to be buried and told to go "vote".

The paying subscribers would like to know the real answers/numbers.

Thank you

8 Replies

would be interested to see what the artists themselves think knowing that songs in their list move on to other artists randomly instead of their own albums?

Hi there @cletustoo,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you provide us a screenshot and an explanation of what you mean so that we can help you in the best way.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

my apologies for the late reply, I honestly didn't think this was monitored.

I have attached a couple of images using Rod Stewart as an example.

You will notice when you search his name, you receive among other categories, his discography. When you select the latest album as an example, the track list of that album shows up for you to listen to. At the bottom of that album, you get "More By Rod Stewart" which shows the covers of the albums. Which you need to chose individually to access that album's track listing.

It used to be that after you selected an album to listen to...at the end of the track listing, you could scroll down and the next albums in chronological order would already be listed with their track listing already shown. Meaning you could just move down the list automatically without have to select the album individually.

As well, when that album finished playing the last song in the track listing, it would automatically play the first song in the next album. Now as it is set up, once that song ends, it will play something random?

Screenshot.jpg
Albums Screenshot.jpg

Hey @cletustoo,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It seems  that you’re seeing the new desktop client we're trying out and that's the reason why you can't see the song list for individual albums right now. We're currently working on reintroducing this feature, but can't set an exact timeframe for it's release. In any case, it's a good idea to keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you can make use of it as soon as it's available. We also recommend having a look at our FAQ about the new design here for more useful info.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"It seems  that you’re seeing the new desktop client we're trying out and that's the reason why you can't see the song list for individual albums right now. We're currently working on reintroducing this feature, but can't set an exact timeframe for it's release."

Thanks for the quick reply. As mentioned, i'm not sure how the new client "you're trying out" is better? I (and i'm sure others) would be interested in a very good explanation as to how Spotify makes it better than what was there before.

There is a saying..."if it ain't broke...don't fix it"? Some things don't need to be changed "just because"

Thanks again

Hi there @cletustoo,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Jon Hopkins - all the albums gone, discography disappeared, Can’t choose any of his songs, only if I search for a song/album name specifically. 

909D2E99-A764-455F-AB0F-8C0701E0D37A.png
74F7548D-7001-492F-ADD2-C8AD1B30C333.png
F5FD6937-9E0E-4C5F-BFBF-71594C48A8A0.png

Hey @lipazbeats,

Thanks for your post.

Please refer to the previous messages from @Mihail and @Jeremy for more information on why this is happening.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts