Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 16 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Hello Spotify Community! I have this issue where my Facebook feed is not appearing in the Activity section of the Spotify Desktop App. On the top right of my Spotify Desktop App, it came up as my Spotify account name instead of my Facebook account na...

Profile Name Issue.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Hello Spotify Community!   I have this issue where my Facebook feed is not appearing in the Activity section of the Spotify Desktop App.   On the top right of my Spotify Desktop App...
  • Oruyzain
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Stops at adverts

Hi - im listening direct from the website and everytime an advert comes on it just stops. Advert doesnt play and cant get anything to start playing without refreshing the page. The advert displays a picture of Squarespace, the title and artist as squ...

• Visitor
  • Hi - im listening direct from the website and everytime an advert comes on it just stops. Advert doesnt play and cant get anything to start playing without refreshing the page.   The advert ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Following people bug

Player: Windows client OS: Windows 7 When scrolling the followers/following tab the windows client the top bar doesn't stick to the top but floats a bit below. This happens in the following tab on the profile page. Solved! Without scroll: http://i.im...

scroll bug
  • Roadie
  • Player: Windows client OS: Windows 7   When scrolling the followers/following tab the windows client the top bar doesn't stick to the top but floats a bit below. This happens in the foll...
  • Joost2
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Track skipping

I was pushed a new version this morning ( I was already at 0.9.4) . This version seems to cause track to skip and stutter. Best example was it you shake a portable CD player a little too much, if anyone remembers that far back. They only last for les...

• Roadie
  • I was pushed a new version this morning ( I was already at 0.9.4) .  This version seems to cause track to skip and stutter. Best example was it you shake a portable CD player a little too much, ...
  • richardap
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

retrieve playlist

I accidentally deleted my playlist "Lea likes animals" i would love to get it back. Please help! Thank you! Lea

• I accidentally deleted my playlist "Lea likes animals" i would love to get it back. Please help! Thank you! Lea
  • Rollo_
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music won't play smoothly at some hours.

Hi, so that's my problem. Music is not loading properly, seems like a connection problem, songs pause every few seconds making it impossible to listen to music. It doesn't happen all the time, in the mornings it usually works fine, but in the afterno...

• Regular
  • Hi, so that's my problem. Music is not loading properly, seems like a connection problem, songs pause every few seconds making it impossible to listen to music. It doesn't happen all the time, in the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Please Help me! all my playlists are gone.

When I logged in today all my playlists were gone. I had several that I could get back when looking at my friends who were following. But the majority of my playlists are nowhere to be found. I have put a lot of effort when creating them and are very...

• When I logged in today all my playlists were gone. I had several that I could get back when looking at my friends who were following. But the majority of my playlists are nowhere to be found. I have ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not play Bruno Mars

Hello - I am new to Spotify - I bought Unlimited monthly access - It is great but for some weird reason, out of all the playlists I have created and enjoyed, NO Bruno Mars songs will play. I have no idea why. It doesn't matter if I just have one BM s...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello - I am new to Spotify - I bought Unlimited monthly access - It is great but for some weird reason, out of all the playlists I have created and enjoyed, NO Bruno Mars songs will play. I have no ...
  • jbrookew1
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost all followers on playlists

I just started getting a few followers on one playlist in particular and suddenly saw they've all gone. I'm checked if this was just a problem with that particular laptop but I checked my desktop PC and it also says they've all gone. Is there an easy...

• Regular
  • I just started getting a few followers on one playlist in particular and suddenly saw they've all gone. I'm checked if this was just a problem with that particular laptop but I checked my desktop PC ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 7 Spotify crashes everytime I make a change to any playlist

Anytime I either add or delete a song from any playlist spotify will crash. The same problem happens on my android device from time to time, although it happens every single time on my PC. I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall too. Nothing helps...

• Casual Listener
  • Anytime I either add or delete a song from any playlist spotify will crash. The same problem happens on my android device from time to time, although it happens every single time on my PC. I have don...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

mercury.db and "Browser" folder in Spotify's AppData folder

I'm currently cleaning out my AppData folder and I found the above-mentioned items in Spotify's folder. They each take up about 100 MB, so I'm wondering what they do and whether I can delete them or not. I've already redirected my Spotify Cache to a ...

• Regular
  • I'm currently cleaning out my AppData folder and I found the above-mentioned items in Spotify's folder. They each take up about 100 MB, so I'm wondering what they do and whether I can delete them or ...
  • Mario__
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Windows - Spotify window isn't going full screen

This has been annoying me for quite some time but when I maximise Spotify the horizontal resize icon still shows when scrolling down. The horizontal resize icon shouldn't be shown when the window is maximised right? Also it doesn't happen on all scre...

• Regular
  • This has been annoying me for quite some time but when I maximise Spotify the horizontal resize icon still shows when scrolling down.   The horizontal resize icon shouldn't be shown when the...
  • adamgibbo
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again.   What to try first   Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the devi...
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Moving Local Files

Currently all my local music files are under D:\My Music. I will be moving everything to V:\My Music. What's the best way of preventing Spotify (Windows) from freaking out and messing up my playlists (a mix of local and online tracks) and offline pla...

• Roadie
  • Currently all my local music files are under D:\My Music.  I will be moving everything to V:\My Music.  What's the best way of preventing Spotify (Windows) from freaking out and messing up ...
  • NeilN
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Spotify streaming 44 or 48khz?

Hello there, I have an audio interface in which I have to set it to 44 or 48khz, otherwise it seems to be doing some conversion on the fly. When I set it to 44khz some albums sound better on Spotify, and others in 48khz, there seems to be a clear aud...

• Visitor
  • Hello there,   I have an audio interface in which I have to set it to 44 or 48khz, otherwise it seems to be doing some conversion on the fly. When I set it to 44khz some albums sound bet...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Private Session Not Working Properly

I've discovered an interesting bug in the desktop version of Spotify in Windows 8. I've only had the chance to test it from there so far, so I don't know if this affects other OS's or not. Anyway, I've found that if I listen to music in a private ses...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • I've discovered an interesting bug in the desktop version of Spotify in Windows 8. I've only had the chance to test it from there so far, so I don't know if this affects other OS's or not. Anyway, I'...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

Can you see who views your Spotify profile?

Wondering if you see who views your Spotify profile.

• Wondering if you see who views your Spotify profile.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

playlists aren't updating

Playlists that I subscribe to that are supposed to update daily and weekly aren't updating. Its happening on both my work and home desktop. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my home desktop. Please help! (Top 100 tracks on Spotify and Top...

• Regular
  • Playlists that I subscribe to that are supposed to update daily and weekly aren't updating. Its happening on both my work and home desktop. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my home deskt...
  • cscurlock
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[win] High quality don't work

I am a premium user and when I try to turn on the high quality on my second computer in work, it's not working. After a click, checkbox in options is still empty and the app informs me 'that function is avaible..'. Can you help me, please?

• I am a premium user and when I try to turn on the high quality on my second computer in work, it's not working. After a click, checkbox in options is still empty and the app informs me 'that functi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

password issue and non-existent support

I am really begining to hate Spotify. yes the Library is good and the interface fairly intuative, but, support just sucks. Now if I was a free user I would accept it, but I am premium, so when it won't allow me to login, refuses the password, then wh...

• Music Fan
  • I am really begining to hate Spotify. yes the Library is good and the interface fairly intuative, but, support just sucks.   Now if I was a free user I would accept it, but I am premium, s...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes