Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • brcorrealucas
  • Casual Listener
  • 248 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 248 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Win7 problems

Hi, I have a little problem with using spotify with Win&. In browser (Chrome) it works OK, but when I've installed it on my Win7, it's not working. It has synchronized all my playlists but when I want to listen to any kind of music, it's just doesn't...

• Hi, I have a little problem with using spotify with Win&. In browser (Chrome) it works OK, but when I've installed it on my Win7, it's not working. It has synchronized all my playlists but when I...
  • robbe_hb
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where the hell are my local files?

Bonjour à tous ! Pourquoi les playlists générales ne s'affichent plus ? Tout marchait très bien , et maintenant , plus de playlists ! Avez vous une idée ?? Merci à tous de votre contribution , Marc

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour à tous !   Pourquoi les playlists générales ne s'affichent plus ?   Tout marchait très bien , et maintenant , plus de playlists !   Avez vous une idée ??   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

404 Error

I am a subscriber and I have had a 404 Error the past few days. I exit and go back in, same thing. This is really getting tiresome; I'd like to be able to listen to the music I pay for.

• Regular
  • I am a subscriber and I have had a 404 Error the past few days. I exit and go back in, same thing. This is really getting tiresome; I'd like to be able to listen to the music I pay for.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing playlists from Media Player

MY, I repeat, MY NOT- FROM -SPOTIFY playlist on Media Player was imported to Spotify. Now my own music that was on my media player on my laptop is not available to me on my laptop and I can only listen to it if I am online with Spotify. HOW DO I GET ...

• MY, I repeat, MY NOT- FROM -SPOTIFY playlist on Media Player was imported to Spotify. Now my own music that was on my media player on my laptop is not available to me on my laptop and I can only list...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity showing single repeated/old "user shared a track" message

Activity feed was working great for a while, but recently I see over and over that one of my friends shared Chelsea Wolfe's "We Hit a Wall", as if they were sharing it again every day. It's always close to the top. Regular listening activity continue...

• Music Fan
  • Activity feed was working great for a while, but recently I see over and over that one of my friends shared Chelsea Wolfe's "We Hit a Wall", as if they were sharing it again every day. It's always cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions about "Discover" feature

Hello everybody, I have some questions about the recent Spotify's "Discover" feature: - What would be the criteria used to determine when the songs shared by my followers appears in there or not? - What's the point of spending the time by clicking on...

• Regular
  • Hello everybody,   I have some questions about the recent Spotify's "Discover" feature:   - What would be the criteria used to determine when the songs shared by...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify publishes the last listened song to Facebook after launch

Hello, it's my first post here. I found, that every time I launch the Spotify Windows Client it publishes the last listened song to Facebook, even if I've listened this song in the private session. I usually turn on the private session for not publis...

• Hello, it's my first post here.    I found, that every time I launch the Spotify Windows Client it publishes the last listened song to Facebook, even if I've listened this song in the p...
  • claudiamc
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs don't play (Argentina)

Hello! Im using the desktop app, there are many songs that don't play. Anyone having the same problem? license issues? Greetings! Alfredo

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   Im using the desktop app, there are many songs that don't play.   Anyone having the same problem?   license issues?   Greetings!   Alfredo
  • AlfredoConde
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Any news on Collection?

This was announced almost a year ago, and we desperately need it. Can anyone from the Spotify camp say if it's at least coming this year?

• Roadie
  • This was announced almost a year ago, and we desperately need it. Can anyone from the Spotify camp say if it's at least coming this year?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks I only play in 'Private Session' are showing in my Top Tracks list!!!!

I'm quite shocked to see that the tracks I play in 'private session', so no-one knows how I have a secret penchant for some embarassingly uncool stuff, are showing in my 'Top Tracks' on my profile! I'm going to go as far as to say 'What the **bleep**...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm quite shocked to see that the tracks I play in 'private session', so no-one knows how I have a secret penchant for some embarassingly uncool stuff, are showing in my 'Top Tracks' on my profile! I...
  • JonVonRox
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Issue while playing song

Hi. Why when I´m playing a song, sometimes the player doesn´t show it right in the main window?

Imagen 1.jpg
  • Regular
  • Hi. Why when I´m playing a song, sometimes the player doesn´t show it right in the main window?    
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Window management on Windows is not idiomatic

Windows users have access to a number of idiomatic shortcuts for windows management: WindowsKey+UpArrow for Maximize, WKey+LeftArrow or +RightArrow for dock to screen edge, drag menubar to top of screen for maximize. Advanced windows users make a lot...

• Windows users have access to a number of idiomatic shortcuts for windows management: WindowsKey+UpArrow for Maximize, WKey+LeftArrow or +RightArrow for dock to screen edge, drag menubar to top of scr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Eddyspotifylover

I have waited all day for someone from Spotify to email me on what is going on with my service. I don't want to cancel my service. I love Spotify. But if I can't use it I have no choice but to cancel my subscription

• Casual Listener
  • I have waited all day for someone from Spotify to email me on what is going on with my service. I don't want to cancel my service. I love Spotify. But if I can't use it I have no choice but to cancel...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unreachable Albums ?

Hey guys, I noticed a whole lot of albums i was listening to dissapear (from playlists and the artist's page) which is totally not cool... But regardless I also have been encountering albums that are not possible to get to by searching the artist's p...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   I noticed a whole lot of albums i was listening to dissapear (from playlists and the artist's page) which is totally not cool... But regardless I also have been encountering albu...
  • quinnmct
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

A question about the discover page

Hi everyone! My question is: There's an individual that is constantly being posted on my discover page. I have not selected them for following and was wondering how I can remove this.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone! My question is: There's an individual  that is constantly being posted on my discover page. I have not selected them for following and was wondering how I can remove this. 
  • Alexzandar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shortcut Q not working when using it on friends' activity list

Usually I just right click a song I want to queue and press "Q" to queue it. This has always worked and still does work, except in my friends' activity list. When I right click a song in my friends' actvity list and press "Q", the song doesn't get qu...

• Roadie
  • Usually I just right click a song I want to queue and press "Q" to queue it. This has always worked and still does work, except in my friends' activity list. When I right click a song in my friends' ...
  • minitauros
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync issue

I have a Spotify Premium account and every time that I try to sync my iPod Nano with a playlist, it only will sync local files. What am I doing wrong?

• I have a Spotify Premium account and every time that I try to sync my iPod Nano with a playlist, it only will sync local files. What am I doing wrong?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

10 hour limit

Does it involve everyone or only people who only used Spotify for more than 6 months? Cos I've been using it for like 2 weeks and apparently I've crossed it.

• Casual Listener
  • Does it involve everyone or only people who only used Spotify for more than 6 months? Cos I've been using it for like 2 weeks and apparently I've crossed it.
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist hide and que reversed

Hi! Found few mysterious things about spotify behaviour. While surfing people I'm following and try to find and pick some playlist, some lists don't show up. These can be lists I follow already, or user X updated Y-list in Activity bar. Of course the...

• Roadie
  • Hi!   Found few mysterious things about spotify behaviour. While surfing people I'm following and try to find and pick some playlist, some lists don't show up. These can be lists I follow al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook feed not updating despite being linked to Facebook!

Hello Spotify Community! I have this issue where my Facebook feed is not appearing in the Activity section of the Spotify Desktop App. On the top right of my Spotify Desktop App, it came up as my Spotify account name instead of my Facebook account na...

Profile Name Issue.PNG
  • Music Fan
  • Hello Spotify Community!   I have this issue where my Facebook feed is not appearing in the Activity section of the Spotify Desktop App.   On the top right of my Spotify Desktop App...
  • Oruyzain
  • Music Fan
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes