Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play album tracks unless from the beginning

can't play album tracks unless from the beginning

when i choose an album and press "play" on, for example, the third song, it jumps to the first one. it completely ignores my trying to play any other song.
35 Replies

Happening to me too. Please fix.

Same problem here, please fix it! It is not premium if you can not play the specific song that you want... Please fix it asap. We pay for this service...

it used to be possible before. it might be a problem with the current version, 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

Hello, yes I have reinstalled spotify for desktop (windows) and when it updates to the last update, there is where the problem happens..., I think this will be fixed with another update but how long will it take?...

Well, I can't really think of any other solution than contacting customer support or an admin comes help you. I'm using spotify (1.0.50.41368.gbd68dbef) right now (Windows 10) and tried replicating this situation that is giving you trouble but is perfectly fine (plays any song of the album).

this issue seems to affect the newest version. i *have* contacted support. hopefully they will offer some assistance.

update: version 1.0.52.717.g2f08534a seems to have fixed the problem.

im having this same issue. updateing fixed nothing. Going to stop my payments.

I'm having the same problem as well. They really need to fix this, I'm paying for this service.

there has been another update (1.0.52.725.g943b26a8) and i'm not able to reproduce the problem.

I've had the same issue. I removed Spotify and then downloaded and installed it again. Works fine now.

ive uninstalled/reinstalled, updated (highest it will let me is 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6) Probelm is still occuring

I'm still having this problem. Is there a way to force Spotify to update to the latest version without having to unintall/reinstall (which apparently might not help anyway)? 

doesn't your client show there's an update available? it's admittedly very subtle. a blue dot at the top right, where your username is.

Same here! This is really annoying!

No update for me. Still having this issue.

The problem is happening in version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6.

same problem here

1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6

is there a way to update without having to reinstall? there is no notification of update avaialble over my client.

Suggested posts