Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play album tracks unless from the beginning

can't play album tracks unless from the beginning

when i choose an album and press "play" on, for example, the third song, it jumps to the first one. it completely ignores my trying to play any other song.
35 Replies

how can I contact the support? everything leads over to this forum 😞

just figured that this issue only happens if you have the album saved on your library.

Having this same issue, can't play a specific track I pick it always starts on the first track, I have to skip ahead using the forward or backward buttons.

does this link point you to the latest version, or the one you have now? https://www.spotify.com/us/download/windows/

unseenlarks I reinstalled the client, same version from download page 😕

Just reported this to tech support, they told me that they are working on that and "A fix should be on its way soon!"

oh, good. i was just told to reinstall. fingers crossed. as for reinstalling, i saw an old thread that suggested getting the file directly from http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe.

unseenlarks by the application or tech?

i'm sorry i wasn't clear. on the email i got as follow-up.

it´s working fine now?

so far, yes. even with albums i have saved to my library.

it fixed the issue, but the client looks different, right? I´m unable to see my friends feed now lol

man, that´s an really old client (from 2014), I just reinstalled the latest version, I will wait for a real fix, not a workaround that give me a bunch other new "errors"

that's strange. i am using 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8. next, i suppose people will tell you to delete any spotify-related content from program files and appdata folders. i really don't have any ideas. i hope there is a fix.

Same problem here.

I unistaled desktop app (Windows 10) and installed the newest version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6 and I have still the same problem.

Please fix!

Suggested posts