Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play majority of songs and can't add to playlists...

can't play majority of songs and can't add to playlists...

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

laptop

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

since i upgrade to premium a few weeks ago i've had nothing but problems, at first only about 2% of the songs would play, the others would let you click on them and then just not load and not show the song icon or anything, and when i tried to put songs in a playlist the playlist would keep showing as empty...i tried connecting on another computer i have running on ubuntu and there i could see the songs i had placed in the playlists, but they kept showing up as blank on my main computer...after uninstalling and reinstalling about 5 times the problem fixed itself and was working again, but now a week later it's happened again...

I don't want to uninstall again as i've got several thousand songs that i spend hours compiling over different playlists downloaded (in fact the only reason i decided to pay for premium was to have access to music downloaded when i am offline) and i understand that all this will be lost on doing a reinstall?

regardless, this recurrent problem seems to be the norm and really isn't acceptable for a paid for service...

11 Replies

Hey there @dwen,

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

Please let me know if you're having the same issue happening when you use your account on a different device.

If it only accures on you PC will try some basic troubleshooting to solve it.

Waiting on your update 😃

thanks for your reply!

i don't have the problem when i use my spare computer running ubuntu, it only seems to be on my main computer which is running windows 10

Having the same issue.

Playlists are "fine" on mobile, but nearly empty on Desktop.

Already tried fresh install.

anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Hey there @dwen

thanks for the update!

Please use another internet connection to see if the same thing happens on the Web Player.

A reinstall might be necessary, however it's true that you'll need to re-download your offline playlists and albums.  

Let me know how it goes 😃

the web player seems to work fine...

i'll try reinstalling to see what happens

Hey @dwen.

Just wanted to check in with you and see if a reinstall did the trick for you.

If not, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Keep us posted 🙂

hi peter,

it seemed like the reinstall had done the trick but it only lasted for a couple of days, now the same problem has come back.... also coinciding with when it stopped working again the program automatically updated itself when i restarted the computer, i suppose the two things might be related...

in fact i've just reinstalled it yet again and still have the same problem...useless

also, the last time i reinstalled the program i had all the songs still in the playlists, i just had to download them again, but now all my playlists appear as empty...is there anyway to get them back as it took me ages to compile them...?

edit: the songs are still all in the playlists in the online player....

any ideas? i've now reinstalled the program for the 11th(!!!) time and still no luck....

Suggested posts