Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't play the current song - win 10 / part 2

can't play the current song - win 10 / part 2

I'm constantly getting this error message: "can't play the current song " and the Win10 app is not moving to the next song.  I have to click on the "next song" button to continue listennig. This happens only on my Win 10 PC (with Spotify app installed on it). Last week I asked for solutino of the same problem and I was adviced to delete all "offline devices" - this solution worked for just few hours and now I have the same problem. The offline devices list is empty now, so do you have something else in mind that can help here?

11 Replies

Hey @swf1978

I suggest reinstalling the app. Could be some file glitch causing this odd issue.

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.
2. Go to %AppData% in Windows Explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming folders.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Install Spotify.

Reinstalling the audio driver may help. The error sometimes reflects issues with the audio device or driver.
Check out this Microsoft article on how to do it. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for your reply!

The app was reinstalled twice already... I can give it another try but I'm pretty sure that this will not help.

In regards to the drivers - I can do this, but no other "audio" issues are in place, except the Spotify app. 

ok, reinslalled everything as you suggested - nothing changed. the problem is still in place...

@swf1978

If you're using the Windows Store app, I suggest trying out the regular downloadable app (linked in my previous post), and the other way around.

You can also try these:

1. Turn off hardware acceleration (in Spotify - under View)

2. Try opening Spotify on phone or web player, play some music and then go to your desktop app, click on Spotify Connect icon (next to Queue), select "This Computer" and try playing music on this. You can try selecting it whilst playing music.

3. Go to Spotify - Edit - Preferences - Local Files and uncheck everything.
4. Disabling audio enhancements for your audio:

Click on the speaker icon on Taskbar and click on the device icon on the opened volume slider.

Go to Enhancements tab and disable them. Click OK.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

Hello,

Thank you for your support!!! I was away for few days so now I will try what you suggested and will let you know if it works!

Best regards!

Georgi

well.. stil the same. the same old error...

is there any possiblity to escalate this problem to higher level of support?

Hey @swf1978

That's pretty odd.

I suggest installing any Windows updates you might have. 🙂

Another thing that may work is installing Spotify through the offline installer.

Do the clean uninstall as described in my previous post and then install this one.

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

same thing happening to me! if there is any way anybody can help plz let me know

Hey @Cobrabro

Could you try out the troubleshooting tips posted above and report back how it goes? 🙂

Another thing that might help is restarting the router.

Also, if you have another Spotify user at hand (or can ask for a friend), try if you get the same issue in the other user account.
If you have a different network connection (mobile hotspot..?) at hand, try out that too!

Keep me posted!

SebastySpotify Star

I had the same problem and tried all the solutions offered to no avail. I have now invested in a wireless extender even though I seemed to have good wifi coverage and no issues with Netflix etc. it seems that Spotify requires a really really strong connection and even the slightest fluctuation causes the can’t play current song error. I am pleased to report that I have had no issues since then - good luck!

Suggested posts