Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't shut the music and can't delete the program

can't shut the music and can't delete the program

My Question or Issue

Right now, i can't use the sound on my computer because Spotify is lagging...

In the past, I downloaded and deleted the spotify program on my computer several times because after a while using the program, it would stop working, in the sens that I would try and open the program and it would say that the app could't be opened. So each time that happened, I deleted the program and redownladed it for it to work for a few days.

This time am I not able to open or delete the app, which wouldn't be a problem if the same three seconds of a song wouln't play on repeat eachtime my computer is turn on. It's been more than a week now. The noise is constent and there is no way to turn it off beside turning the whole speaker system off. I know it has to do with spotify, because a spotify template with the name of the song playing is showing on the windows lock screen of the computer... but pressing the play button does nothing. Even though, the program is technicly closed, when i try to delete it in my files, it says that it can't delete it because it is currently opened. 

I try to delete it following the instructions on the website : 

" Close Spotify.
Go to the Control Panel.
Click Programs and Features.
Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall."

Now on the program and features panel, it says that it is uninstalled, but the music is still playing and the file is still there. I try clicking the the Uninstall spotify file that goes with the dowloading of the program, but it just won't open. 

Please help, i don't know what to do. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Destop-Almglac, DEll Inc, XPS

Operating System

Microsof Windows 10,

1 Reply

Hi @dadaphou,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting!

It's very odd the behavior that is presenting the app, but there are some things we can try here. 

First up, restart your PC and after it has booted up, open the Task Manager and close any process related to Spotify. After that, try to uninstall the app with these steps, they will make sure to remove any old file or leftover cache. After that, download the app directly from the Microsoft Store. 

If it doesn't do the trick, please start your PC in Safe Mode and follow the previous steps for a clean reinstall.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts