Free

Country

India

Device

Dell

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the recent update in my desktop and web player homepage it's showing couldn't find that page but the other things are working perfectly fine and my phone app too

Screenshot (2).png
6 Replies

Happening on Spotify linux (Ubuntu) desktop too.

Vthechamp_0-1618028616439.png

I have tried logging in and back out, but it doesn't work. This happened after a recent update (Spotify version 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60)

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

@5vu9eegi3ezu7mw, first up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying with a different internet connection, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that?

@Vthechamp, take into account that we don't actively support Linux, so the features can vary from other operative systems and the behavior of the app can be different. We recommend checking out our Linux help board for suggestions from fellow Linux users.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Certainly not the issue, I did a clean install on Windows 10, and I still have the problem with the page.

I am behind a corporate proxy which does not block Spotify in any way. I did a clean reinstall, which didn't help.

My best guess is you had changes in the main home page, and the proxy isn't honored there.

I can play songs (from my favorites, lacking other categories), since this was a clean install it tells me that the connection to spotify using the proxy is OK.

In other words: Fix your home view for proxy usage.

Being in a corporate network, using a hotspot isn't an option, since it will be detected as network bridging and will disable my connection to my work network.

Hey there @STiAT,

Thanks for the reply.

If you're using a corporate proxy or a work computer there might be certain networking ports essential to Spotify, which are being blocked. 

You can try using the Web player and check whether the app functions normally there.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can perfectly well use the web player, and I can perfectly well play songs in the desktop app.

That said, if I offload the proxy authentication to a locally installed proxy and don't use authentication in Spotify it works properly.

So your client has an issue with proxys which need authentication for the hompage (but not for playing songs). This wasn't the case in the past, so this was introduced in one of the Versions the past few weeks.

Is there a way to install old spotify clients to check on which version exactly introduced the issue?

Hey there @STiAT,

Thanks for the reply.

We don't recommend installing older versions of the software from unofficial sources as they might contain malware and we can't guarantee they'd function properly.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts