Solved!

different sort by date added on premium and free account

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

(PC)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

if I sort my playlist so that the last added tracks are on top, then they are sorted differently from the tracks in the album, if I try to do the same on a free account, then the tracks are sorted correctly, hlp me pls

spot01.png
spot02.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @taskany,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm, did you add the individual songs to the playlist, or just added the whole album? If it was the individual songs, you have to make sure that you add them in the correct order you'd like them to be displayed. You can also manually rearrange the songs on your playlists by clicking and dragging them. You can find more info here.

Keep us posted. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @taskany,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just to confirm, did you add the individual songs to the playlist, or just added the whole album? If it was the individual songs, you have to make sure that you add them in the correct order you'd like them to be displayed. You can also manually rearrange the songs on your playlists by clicking and dragging them. You can find more info here.

Keep us posted. If you have any questions, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

1. I added the album at once and not one track at a time, I will also add that if the sorting happens so that the last added tracks are at the bottom of the list, then the chronology is correct
2. I REPEAT that in the free and premium versions, the same playlist is sorted differently

Hey @taskany,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in?

If that doesn't make any difference, could you let us know if that happens with any album you add or just a specific one? We'd also like to know if that happens if you add an album to any of your playlists or only with one playlist in particular.

Also, could you try adding the album to the playlist using the web player and let us know how it works?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

I logged out of my account, rebooted the system, created new playlists, added different albums, used the web version and pc, I cleaned the system, I did everything I could before writing here

I made a video where I show the same actions with the same playlist on a premium and free account

https://youtu.be/jnnoBAzM2co

Hey @taskany,

Thanks for your reply and for the video.

We recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try on a different device? Is there any difference?

If possible, could you try using a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

of course, I tried to delete, clean, reinstall, used a second PC that is connected to another Internet as I said above, I just repeated all these steps, installed the application from the Windows store and went into it via a mobile access point, nothing has changed

Hi again @taskany,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

This behavior shouldn't be different for Premium and free accounts, so this might be isolated to your Premium account since we couldn't replicate it on our end. To determine if this is the case, do you have the chance to try this with another Premium account, like a friend's or relative's, and let us know if the same happens there?

If you don't see the same issue, then we recommend cancelling your Premium subscription on the affected account and subscribing on a new account. You can also transfer your content from one account to the other by following the steps in this guide.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

CarlosEModerator

I can't to check it anywhere, I'm alone, thanks for tried to help me

Hey @taskany,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've been having the same problem. It used to be that if I added a whole album, it would play in the correct order no matter how I sorted my playlist. Now sometimes it plays backwards!

I also noticed the desktop and mobile apps treat sorting totally different — When I sort by "recently added" on mobile it puts recent tracks on top. When I sort by "recently added" on desktop, it puts them all at the bottom, and there's no way to reverse it!

Hey there @bricetuttle,

Thank you for your post in this thread. 

Can you confirm if you followed the troubleshooting steps that @CarlosE provided?

When it comes to the recently added in playlists that you mention, it's expected behavior.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts