follow artist/artist collection not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Macbook Pro, Windows Desktop, Iphone)

My Question or Issue

1) The Artist list is not syncing between my devices.

2) When I click "follow" on any device it directly changes to again "follow" instead of "following", it behaves as I click it twice. I can reproduce this issue on OSX and Windows.

3) The web player artist page returns "Oooops, something went wrong while loading your artists"

4) After reinstalling the App on all devices the artist list in incomplete. 

3 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Windows 10 Desktop (Windows Store version: 1.1.6.113.gb388fe17)

Android (ver:8.5.6.673)

Also been experiencing this iusse, and for a quite sometime. Uninstalled & reinstalled program off desktop. Cleared cache. Logged out an back in again.  Still broken. Artists are showing as followed on artist page, but not showing up in Artist list. Tried unfollowing and then refollowing after 5 mins. Still doesn't work as intended.

Really would like this being corrected.

Hey @-Vedris- and @thegrimbeaker,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community - we're here to help 🙂

We have experienced issues with syncing artist info across platforms before, however we've tried reproducing all 4 of the issues listed by @-Vedris- and everything seems to be OK now.

Since you were able to reproduce this issue on multiple devices, it sounds like it could be an account-specific issue. Do you mind creating a new account and testing the above-mentioned issues again?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need further help with this 🙂

Hi, I'm having a very similar issue. No matter whether I try to follow or unfollow artists, it won't work. It works temporarily, but won't sync between my iPhone and Macbook, and reverts back to the previous state as soon as I refresh the page.

EDIT: This occurs on both my Macbook and my iPhone. Both are running the latest versions of Spotify. I have tried logging into a second account and that works perfectly, so it is likely an account-based issue. I've tried logging out and back in and reinstalling the apps, but none of this has worked. Also, when I visit the artist page, it says that I'm already following the artist.

ANOTHER EDIT: Have created a new post.

Suggested posts