friend activity not updating

99 people liked this

friend activity not updating

jordazfen

My friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to even when I know they're on spotify... how to solve this?

101 Replies
65 people liked this

Re: friend activity not updating

Regular

A lot of users have the same problem, looks like it stopped updating about 5 days ago for most...

i have been emailing spotify support back and forth for days now and unfortunately they have no idea what they are doing or how to fix it. They keep telling to unfollow, reinstall, on, off, basically wasting my time because none of that worked. 

In my opinion ( because it happened to a lot of users at the same time 4-5 days ago) its on their side and it's probably the latest update that caused it.

very disappointed and frustrated that they will have an feature but UNABLE to fix it when something goes wrong!!!

hire some brains spotify!!!!!!

16 people liked this

AnaM9
Casual Listener

I have the same problem, uninstalling doesn't work, don't even try 

20 people liked this

JoaoAfons0
Casual Listener

Same problem here, I got friends supposedly not online for 6-7 days as they were listening to music on spotify right by my side.

4 people liked this

viniciuscensi
Casual Listener

Estou vivenciando o mesmo problema. Precisamos de solução! A final de contas, este é um dos recursos que tornam o Spotify diferente dos demais. Se isso se perder .. perdem a mim também.

12 people liked this

ridloncmr

Also experiencing this issue. Can confim unistalling does not fix it. 

10 people liked this

plantwaif
Casual Listener

@061975, you don't have to be such a **bleep** so rude. Have you ever coded anything in your entire life? yikes, if it seems so easy to you why don't you fix it?
3 people liked this

Cuthalein
Casual Listener

I wonder if fb's recent privacy changes play into this. I noticed when checking my 3rd party app permissions on fb that Spotifys permissions for my account had expired without my knowing. I dont know if authroization is tied into the feature but its been the only lead I've been able to find since going through the forums.

Going off skepticism, if FB pushed a change where all 3rd party apps had to be re-auth'd then could that possibly break the feature for Spotify users that have setup an account using facebook's cross platform login?

spot.PNGHere is the area, sadly I already re-granted it permissions

3 people liked this

kegl1
Regular
4 people liked this

shelbyyvonnee
Music Fan

same problem, friends are saying the same thing. current listening isn't updating at all, uninstalling/restarting/refollowing isn't doing anything.

SUGGESTED POSTS