friend activity not updating

friend activity not updating

jordazfen

My friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to even when I know they're on spotify... how to solve this?

101 Replies

shelbyyvonnee
Music Fan

seriously, could we at least get a response from Spotify with an ETA?? this is garbage

spacific
Casual Listener

Good news peeps, logged in today and it seems to be back and working!! Although I had a message when logging in saying that Spotify was being blocked by a Firewall. Hoowever, I just continued to log in and yeah, can see my friends listening away, happy days.

I suspect the problem may have been with the Windows update, as I had the Firewall message just after I updated as well. Coincidence maybe, don't get me started on Windows updates.

Huscak
Music Fan

Can you really see it as before? All your friends what they are listening at the moment? I will try it  after I come back home. Thanks for yout info.

Narankiwi
Composer

Mine seems to be fixed too.

booker111
Casual Listener

I'm still missing very active user friends, including people within my own home who have not changed any privacy settings. And the most recent updates for most of the people that I can see are days or weeks ago.

Huscak
Music Fan

I confirm that it seems to be ok again. 🙂

fallada
Regular

I checked it: it doesn't work. I open Spotify and a friend is listening to something. I close Spotify en open it again:  for the activity feed the same person was suddenly listening to the same  song two days ago!!!! So the activity feed doesn't work!!!!

Huscak
Music Fan

I can see my friends in the list (and I didn´t) and the songs they have been listening some hours ago but I can´t verify if it is true ot not so... is anyone here who can? Can you please get info if it works or not? Thanks.

Huscak
Music Fan

It seems to me that it works my firned feed is changing but.... I´m not sure at all...

Huscak
Music Fan

No, it doesn´t work correctly... today I have the same info about my friend feed as the day before yesterday. So I hope Spotify will fix it the right way...

shelbyyvonnee
Music Fan

it seems to be partially working again, but it still isn't accurate and still only shows a portion of my friends' current listening.

user-removed
Not applicable

Still not working for me. Can’t see any friends at all. 

RonjaBerg
Regular
Yea, my feed is still all messed up. Only updating every 2-3 days and when it does update it only shows what friends listened to 2-3 days ago.

RonjaBerg
Regular
Yea im still only seeing what friends litsened to days ago, sometimes it updates but it is never up to date.
I wrote to Spotify Sweden aksing what the **bleep** is going on and i got a reply saying that they are working on an update to fix this, i asked when the update will be released but haven't recieved an answer yet. will keep you guys posted.

RonjaBerg
Regular

I just received an answer regarding the release of the update, i told them that i hope that this issue is high up on their prio list since there are tons of users that are really missing the function. They said that they cannot state an exact time for when the next update will be released but told us not to worry and that their developers are on it. They recommended that we reinstall spotify every now and then to make sure the we have the latest update (wich is old fashioned in my opinion, can't we just get a notification when it is available?). 

smbanks77
Music Fan

So as of the most recent update, I'm able to see my boyfriend's activity again from his PC.  I'm still not 100% sure on mobile activity, but it appears that things are working for me.  Fingers crossed it's fixed. 🙂

RonjaBerg
Regular

Did you update your spotifyclient in order for it to work? i haven't seen any updates though. 

smbanks77
Music Fan
I’ve seen several updates since this mess started. But the most recent
seems to have done the trick.. at least for the windows desktop client.
Haven’t verified mobile yet. Interested to hear if it’s working for
others.

fernwehhh
Regular

i had a friend who was just on it then it updated to 2 days ago and now it shows hes playing again wth spotify 

RonjaBerg
Regular
What do you mean mobile? i've always thought that friend feed on mobile app wasn't possible ever? lika as in that function was not ever created for mobile app. Have i gone all this time without it even though it exists?
SUGGESTED POSTS