friend activity not updating

friend activity not updating

jordazfen

My friend feed doesn't seem to be updating what my friends are listening to even when I know they're on spotify... how to solve this?

101 Replies

brewster_geez
Casual Listener

No, you are right, it doesn't exist on mobile as far as i'm aware. 

KjellvanLil
Regular

I had the same problem all i did was pressing f5 in spotify and that actually worked. so try that otherwise i have no idea.

jovit2

For me, it is updating only some of my friends, while others only shows what they heard a couple of days ago, even though they are listening something right now.

smbanks77
Music Fan

No.. but for some reason, if someone was listening on a mobile device their activity was updating on the desktop version.  But if they were listening on their computer, the activity wouldn't update.  I can confirm that activity is updating when listening on a computer, but I don't know if activity will update if you are listening on a mobile device... I'm pretty sure it's working, but I still haven't actually confirmed.

Sorry to confuse you.  Friend activity on the app would be awesome, though!

fallada
Regular

A bunch of losers. It worked for more than a week. I had yesterday an update with the result that the information of some friends is wrong. Again!!!!! There was a friend listening to music yesterday evenening. This morning she listened two days ago!!! I can't understand the amateurism of a billion dollar company 😞

smbanks77
Music Fan

Exactly!  I spoke too soon.  They had the problem fixed, but have managed to screw it up again. ugh

ar-lsm_22cxm6

also having this problem except my friends disappear from my feed all together. If i unfollow then follow them back they show up again. 

VERY annoying not being able to see what others are listening to and im not going to waste my time unfollowing and following people everyday.

NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT

Vylent
Casual Listener

What sort of drawbacks are there to unfollowing and refollowing someone? Do you lose access to private playlists or anything along those lines?

Rainshadow215
Casual Listener

SAME PROBLEM!  My Account as well as my spouse's account.  It takes for sure over a week to show one update of my friend's activity!   Please fix. 

fernwehhh
Regular

yah same **bleep**ing problem again for the 10th time. works for a while then the activity of some of my friends says 2 or 3 days when they use it everyday smh spotify

ctr98
Casual Listener

I can't even see my friends activity, it says that it cant be shown, any fix?

freddiehasnoclu
Casual Listener

I FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM

Friend activity only updates now when the friend is listening to spotfiy on a computer.

This is extremely annoying as the majority of my friends listen to music on their phone, so i cannot see what they are listening to.

As soon as one of my friends switches from mobile to computer, it updates their friend activity.

Hope this helps!

Rainshadow215
Casual Listener
Wow that is so LAME.
THANK U for figuring that out. Now I hope it gets fixed, I rarely ever listen on a computer!

SarahStrouse
Casual Listener

Hey everyone, I'd been having the same problem for months - on two laptops. Yesterday I did Windows updates on both of them, and my friend feed is correctly updating again - ON BOTH! If running on a Windows machine, make sure you do your July updates to Windows 10 Version 17134.165, and see if that fixes it!! 🙂

SarahStrouse
Casual Listener

I don't think that's the problem, at least for me... I listen to music on my Windows desktop and have a friend who listens on an iPhone and I can still see her...

fernwehhh
Regular

ughh they keep messing up now 2 of my friends have disappeared off the feed and one was just using it and now it updated to 1d ago wth

booker111
Casual Listener

So, this is still broken for me. If I want to see the activity of some of the friends I am following, I must, on a daily basis, unfollow those friends and then refollow them. I can then see their activity until I log out of spotify. Then, I must do the same thing again. This is only true of some of my friends but, of course, they happen to be the ones that I am most interested in seeing.

pandyhamlet
Casual Listener

I've been having the same problem for months now! Very annoying

Niconlyone
Casual Listener

Mjpjumper1

I can confirm that by restarting your PC, make sure you open Spotify in full screen mode, making sure hardware acceleration and friend activty are turned on, your desktop app should return to showing your friend activity. Also, if you're running your monitor in Portrait Mode you'll need to zoom out at least twice under the "View" option for your friend's list to pop up.

SUGGESTED POSTS