Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

hey just wondering why you guys are making it harder to listen to music

hey just wondering why you guys are making it harder to listen to music

In the Spotify Desktop app on Windows 10, I can no longer browse my library via artist. Instead I have to be following the artist, a thing I've never done ever and never will do, or just browse by album or something which is extremely inconvenient. Sometimes I don't know what I want to listen to and just want to browse the music of artists I have saved until I think "oh yeah I haven't listened to this band in awhile".

Instead, now I just straight up can't do that? I read the other topic about this, where a dev or someone said that for a more "streamlined experience" you sometimes have to "remove features" and that's the most nonsense thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I've had a premium account since like 2015, can you please not make your platform worse for no reason. Thanks!

6 Replies

I have the exact same problem. When I listen to music, I always listen to a specific artist that I am in the mood for. Today it's Justice, tomorrow it's Muse. So now it looks like the artists tab is only for artists who you're following? Why? Why would I want to fill my library with crappy remixes and live performances I'm not interested in? I tend to save an album, and then just remove the songs from it I dislike, and that worked fine for the longest time. Now it's literally impossible to do this without creating a new playlist for every single artist? What a stupid hassle.

You can look at your saved music by artist by going to albums and filtering by artist.

Not being able to remove songs from saved albums is definitely one of the dumbest changes I've ever seen. Go vote for this and hope the Spotify gods hear our prayers:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-old-way-of-saving-albums/idc-p/4...

By "Filtering" do you mean searching? Because that's not a solution. You need to know the name of the artist spelled correctly. I have many artists in my library, and I know most of them but I'd say a good 1/4 of them I have no idea what their name is or how to spell it so I scroll through and find them. Can't do that anymore. Plus that's tougher if you are on the go. If you are walking down the street and want to quickly change artists, scrolling through a list is going to to be much quicker and accurate that trying to type while moving (big fingers and small buttons while walking make it really easy to mess up). The whole thing needs to be rolled back. 

Yeah I see your point. Definitely sucks. Gotta love removing functionality
:))))))

I just posted a question about this same problem a few hours ago (on Monday, June 24). The topic is titled "Artists in Your Library have disappeared".  I thought it was an issue with my account only:

When  I click on "Artists" in "Your Library"  the artists don't load. All I get is a blank page with a message of "Your favorite artists will appear here" and also a link to go to Browse. It appears my entire extensive artist library, which has taken years to build up, has been deleted. However, when I click on all other categories - Recently Played, Songs, Albums - they load promptly and correctly. I had painstakingly arranged songs by certain artists in the order of my preference, whether that was chronologically or some other reasoning, and removed some songs I didn't care for.

I just posted a question about this same problem a few hours ago (on Monday, June 24). The topic is titled "Artists in Your Library have disappeared".  I thought it was an issue with my account only:

When  I click on "Artists" in "Your Library"  the artists don't load. All I get is a blank page with a message of "Your favorite artists will appear here" and also a link to go to Browse. It appears my entire extensive artist library, which has taken years to build up, has been deleted. However, when I click on all other categories - Recently Played, Songs, Albums - they load promptly and correctly. I had painstakingly arranged songs by certain artists in the order of my preference, whether that was chronologically or some other reasoning, and removed some songs I didn't care for.

Suggested posts