Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how can i import a playlist?

how can i import a playlist?

I can't find an answer to what seems to be a simple question:  can i import a playlist (from itunes)?  i see many Google articles that say "go to File--> playlists --> import playlist" but that option doesn't exist in my desktop Spotify.

I use Family Premium

USA

Device: Surfacebook

Operating System, Windows 10

8 Replies

Hey there @eschurr,

thanks for posting in the community !

The only feature on Spotify allowing a user to import his own files is the "Local Files" feature.

You can require all info needed on it here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

Thanks for your reply.

Did Spotify used to import playlists from iTunes? I'm certain that when i first started using Spotify that it imported playlists from iTunes.  That doesn't seem to be the case anymore, nor can i do it manually.

Spotify is great, but i have nearly ten thousand songs in iTunes and dozens of playlists, some with thousands of songs in them. If i can't get them into Spotify it severly hampers my use of it.

I would sure love to know if I'm right that Spotify used to import iTunes play lists and now it doesn't. Is there any trick that one can use to achieve this? 

You are right. There was a feature. They stealth removed it and gave no notification or acknowledgement. At most you're going to get a canned response that doesn't answer your question and have your request to return a feature marked as a "new idea" "under consideration" or "not right now." Cancel your membership. Don't give these clowns any money. I did years ago and it was the best choice I ever made. 6 years and they still haven't returned the functionality to search  with ctrl+f on an artists page. Like your issue, this disappeared in the middle of the night without any notification or acknowledgement. All spotify does is dumb down their software. They have had progressively less features every year of existence and it is not by accident. Less features = less money to pay people to maintain feature functionality. At least there are other options now like Apple music.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what disappoints me more .. Removing the feature or not explicitly replying to clarify things for me. I hate when you ask a question and don't get an answer

Seems to me if Spotify wants to attract users they would make it easy to convert playlists from other sources

How disappointing 😞

Why remove such a useful feature

Heyy, 

I tried http://MusConv.com for playlists transfer and its one the best tool available. Great efficiency and smooth. Must try!

In case anybody else stumbles upon this thread (like me)
I've just used spotlistr.com/search/textbox (Input a list of tracks or Spotify URLs separated on each line to create a playlist!) to convert a plain text playlist (band - song name) to a new Spotify playlist.

Suggested posts