Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Solved!

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Hi

can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30??

any help gratefully appreciated

thanks 

55 Replies

Erm hello? It does not actually work!

Marked as solution

you have to import the device into the base spotify program. once you do that it works flawlessly. the newer Bose no longer support airplay BTW. so much misinformation or outdated info in other replies. The new bose apps work from every OS and can even play from a NAS.

Issue resolved in 2015 with a app update. Spotify is now native in the Bose app, or can use the Spotify app.

lol. Sold my Bose long ago and have Sonos throughout the house. They simply work.

Ah, that's a shame you had to do that but understandable. Sonos really had it figured out early. Bose is catching up now, but too little too late perhaps? Lot of early adopters got burned with the early Bose hardware and software. I have all Bose and stuck with it through the multiple software updates, now they tell me there's a big one coming in November that allows stereo pairing? Both are US companies though, so can't go wrong either way! Nice to see the US owning a market for once.

It seems that they are listening, because I and many others submitted requests for better Spotify integration on their forum last year, and now it appears to be fully supported. Maybe it was content negotiations or something that was holding things up, but now it appears they are best friends! Full Spotify access from the Bose app, and full control of Bose devices in the Spotify app. Finally!

Not to rant on and on, but what still drives me nuts is that I can only steam ONE Spotify feed at a time, so my wife and I can't listen to different Spotify playlists at the same time in different rooms. I would be happy to pay for 2 Spotify accounts, but SoundTouch only supports one account at a time. Is this limitation common to all Spotify client systems? We can play different Pandora streams, or Deezer steams, just not Spotify. And since Spotify is way better, its driving me nuts. Even the family plan doesn't help fix it.

Hi, I want to buy the sountouch 10 for my grandma who doesn't have a smartphone. Is it possible to set up a spotify playlist on one of the soundtouch buttons with my phone for her to listen even when I'm not in her house? Thanks!

Hi, I want to buy the sountouch 10 for my grandma who doesn't have a smartphone. Is it possible to set up a spotify playlist on one of the soundtouch buttons with my phone for her to listen even when I'm not in her house? Thanks!

Your phone has to be on the same wifi network as the SoundTouch 10 to setup the presets initially. You can setup all 6 presets, and then you don't need a phone or app to access them later, just press one of the preset buttons.

Depending on the Bose soundtouch system you have, you can listen to the free version of spotify via bluetooth. You simply pair both devices (i.e Bose soundtouch with the device which has the spotify app e.g phone, computer etc.)

Ive got a Soundtouch30 Series III- bluetooth is enabled on this device.

My spotify app (free version) as well as the Bose app is uploaded on my iphone and laptop.

Both devices (iphone and laptop) are paired with the Bose Soundtouch system via bluetooth. The music quality through the Bose system is great!

If your Bose system does not have bluetooth, then you probably need the Spotify premium version or connect via a cable ....

In most instances, you will need to download the Bose app and whatever version of Spotify on to the device you wish to connect to your Bose system. However connecting via a cable may be different. I've never used this.

My solution ended up being to sell my Bose on eBay and gradually populate my home with Sonos products. They make it simple.

I don't like it that you need the "premium" Spotify membership to use Spotify on Bose Soundtouch, but I was able to control it quite well with my phone until I dropped the premium Spotify. Can you use the "free" Spotify on Sonos?

Sorry. Not sure. I have Spotify Family.

Hi there! You can check out https://support.spotify.com/us/listen_everywhere/on_speaker/bose/ for more info abou this! Thanks!

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

£160 speaker arrives off amazon, to connect home PC to spotify - great looking forward to it until I find out you must have premium - my solution might be to send said speaker back to Amazon, but have now got free spotify streaming via bluetooth from my phone.

What a world, nothing is simple anymore

Suggested posts