Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to change the genres of your artistpage?

how to change the genres of your artistpage?

Busy looking around for 30 minutes and not idea where to post this or where to find an answer.

through everynoise.com  I found out my own band is labeled in only 1 very specific genre. This is not correct as we are much broader and not even countryspecific. So this wrong genre label limits us as a band to get broader exposure or people picking is up better. We have seen through the same site that similar bands as ours are tagged in much more genres.         How can we as artist change this?   Search through google learns us that a lot of artists have same issue but nobody from Spotify replies with an answer on how to correct this.     Anyone have a good answer for us?   thnks

5 Replies

Hey @ce5s97p,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Regarding the type of incorrect info you mention, this depends on the metadata associated with the band and the related releases on Spotify.

To know more about what type of metadata Spotify deals with and how you can request any edits, it'd be great to check this Spotify for Artists answer.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

sorry but your reply is not complete. the link you provided with answer does not indicate that GENRES is something that is provided by the distributor

Hey @ce5s97p,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

To clarify, the metadata discussed in the article I linked include - but are not limited to - what's featured in the list. The purpose of the list is to provide an example of what such metadata might consist of.

To further clarify how you can edit or update specific metadata, it'd be great to reach out to both your distributor and the Spotify for Artists support, since you'll need the help of both to successfully carry out this process.

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As far as I know, Spotify uses the Last.fm tags = genres from their artist profiles there, either additionally or exclusively. There are artists on the Last.fm support forum now and then complaining about the "wrong" Spotify genre tags being taken from their Last.m music profile, especially if they share it with other artists who use the same name. This will obviously lead to wrong similar artists on Spotify then.

So check the tags that your artist profile on Last.fm has in case there is one.

I have updated my artist profile a week ago with genre of my music.

Still when I check my meta data on Spotify I'm genreless.

Sure there is a way to generate the genre, Can someone how knows what is talking about can give the right method to do it?

Thanks,

Dan

Suggested posts