Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to create images for playlist

Solved!

how to create images for playlist

Hi there~ 
Recently, i created a playlist from my local file. However, there is no image for the playlist
does any one know how to creat the image for the playlist?

thx for the help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! 🙂 

The playlist will only have an image if the first 4 tracks in the playlist are non-local files since the playlist cover is made from images from the Spotify catalogue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! 🙂 

The playlist will only have an image if the first 4 tracks in the playlist are non-local files since the playlist cover is made from images from the Spotify catalogue. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So.... that means i could NOT upload any image by myself... =[ 

thx for ur help

=Peter wrote:

Depends where you're viewing it from.

On your own desktop client, the image shown at the top of the playlist WILL appear if the first tracks or even the first album consists of local files, and it will be the cover tag of that one, plus the next three unique file tag pictures in the playlist.  Change the order around, the composite picture changes.

If the entire playlist would, for example, consist of a single album, even if that album is stored on a local drive, that single picture will appear.

However, none of your online friends will be able to see the image if its from a local file.  Only you will on your own client.

I thing IceEva is really referring to the ability to upload an image entirely separate from any of the file tags for online friends to see, and of course that is not possible.

Thanks so much

Maybe we're talking about different releases of Spotify, but I clicked on the image for a playlist and got a pencil.  Clicked on that and it asked me where to  get the image  from.  Uploaded a JPEG from my computer.

The key might be that I used the instructions here for making files accessible to Spotify as "local files".

http://www.howtogeek.com/223024/how-to-add-your-own-music-to-spotify-and-sync-to-mobile/

Hope this helps.

NOTICE  you MUST make sure you are using license-free images and other files.

Suggested posts