Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS app saves only full albums, not the songs I need

iOS app saves only full albums, not the songs I need

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Hungary

Device

(iPhone 5S)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1.4)

My Question or Issue

I use spotify for years in desktop and in my phone. The saved albums and songs were the same until now but today I reinstalled the Spotify iOS app because I needed some space on my phone.

I had a lot of albums in which I removed the unwanted songs. This way I could save space and downloaded only those songs for offline listening which I've wanted.

Now I have only full albums in my library and I can not delete songs from them. Everything is fine in the desktop application.

When I try to delete a song from an album, two things happen:

1. the whole album dissappears

2. nothing dissapearing, full album stays in my library

I tried to log out from the app, then delete the app restart my phone, reinstall the app then login and it works the same wrong way. I tried this twice.

If its a feature and not a bug, I have to stop using Spotify which I really did not want to do but it's useless for me now.

Could some help me please?

Thank you,

Attila

3 Replies

Hey there @bodibuilder!

This answer may help you! 
Also if your not happy with the recent changes, you can vote on this idea.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂

Hey there @bodibuilder,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

On top of what @mosohodPeti posted, keep in mind that your saved songs will now appear in a playlist called Liked Songs.

From now on, saving an album won’t automatically save the songs within that album but rather the album itself, so be sure to save the individual songs you want to keep! You can then find them and listen to them by heading to your Liked Songs playlist.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if you need more help 🙂

Have a great day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

I don't have that playlist. I have my old playlists which I made earlier.

And I don't have the new UI either, I have the old spotify look. My colleague is the same. Maybe some regional settings for Hungary? I really don't know. (see attached)

We both have the latest version of the app, according to the Apple AppStore (8.5.0.833).

spotify.png

Suggested posts