Premium

Country

UK

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have an itunes album of over 1000 songs saved to my pc from before I had Spotifty. All of this plays fine, however within Spotify when i go to play any song from my old collection on iTunes, the blue banner says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."  They are already under my local files and I have cleared my cache. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @flipflop71.

Thanks for getting in touch - we'll be happy to help you out 🙂

Could you first perform a clean reinstall? This tends to sort out a lot of common issues.

If that doesn't work, could you then try creating a smaller playlist containing about 10 local files and see if it plays on Spotify? 

We'd appreciate it if you attached a screenshot so we can see exactly what's happening on your end 🙂

Thanks,

P

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @flipflop71.

Thanks for getting in touch - we'll be happy to help you out 🙂

Could you first perform a clean reinstall? This tends to sort out a lot of common issues.

If that doesn't work, could you then try creating a smaller playlist containing about 10 local files and see if it plays on Spotify? 

We'd appreciate it if you attached a screenshot so we can see exactly what's happening on your end 🙂

Thanks,

P

What type of files do you have? Are they mp3?

After the clean reinstall everything is working perfectly now thank you! 

Suggested posts