Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

import music from windows media player

import music from windows media player

hi!

how can i import my music from windows media player to spotify? please help me!

lg stephan

34 Replies

Ok, The preferences I allready had found. The add other directories I
missed,

But this wil import my over 1000 local files. How can I import a playlist
from Media player?
Paul

The button to add other directories or even external drives is called "Add a source" located below "Music Library" in Preferences. This is an often requested comeback feature, by the way.

The import of any existing WMP playlists on your PC should have happened automatically, I can find them in the sidebar under Playlists -> Windows Media Player.

The connection with Media player seems to be broken.

Selecting 'WMP' in  "Music Library" in Preferences. does result in some files shown, but these are not the files that are listed in WMP, but (a selection) of .mp3-files from oan old bacjup folders; some files are even listed 2 or 3 times (open directort on those 3 opens the same folder for evere one, de .mp3 is there only once).

I removed and reinstalled Spotidy and removed reinstaled WMP, running on windows 8.1.

I checked windows register for this old backup folder, not hits.

Is there anything else I could do? There are some file in AppData. Remove spotidy, erase those folder en reinsall? Or is this a known bug; i've seen some issues about this in the community; but no recent ones.

Paul

yeah, my spotify also doesn't show the playlists as the people here said, it just show the media files, but bot my playlists, and by the way they are on the same place

Tried that and it still doesn't import.

Tried tthat but nothing happening

Spotify and Windows Media Player 'imports' just plain don't work.  I give up on this service after reading thru all the posts, installing, deleting, configuring - it just plain does not work.  What happened - I got it to work a few months ago and now it freezes - no imports. 

Spotify needs to add more support for the transfer of MP3 files.. The importing only creates a blank playlist no matter what I do..

First message of this thread is over five years old, and playlist importing still seems to be broken.

I have three playlists created in Windows Media Player on my Windows 10 (64bit) PC, and clicking on File -> Import Playlists -> Windows Media Player does absolutely nothing.

windows media player

select and play song you wish to move

select song = dialog box = last selection "open file location"

select song in "File Explorer" = dialog box = select "add to windows media player list"

go to Spotify = "local files"

find song alphabetically and select same

"add to" your chosen playlist

move song to chosen position on your playlist

I don't have the option "Import Playlists" and select "Windows Media Player." I only have ITunes left from the import playlists standard options. 

How do I fix this? 

It suddenly disappeared when I was trying to add local files on my spotify playlists.. 

See attachment.

Thank you for your help!

problem spotify.jpg

This happened to me after the latest update. I think it's a bug with it.

I am not getting the option to import playlists from Windows Media Player anymore. I cannot add any local file locations either. This is becoming quite frustrating as I could create these playlists before and now the function has just disappeared only allowing me to import playlists from iTunes. I have tried from 3 different computers now and its still only giving me iTunes as my only option. 

i dont't find the label 'windows media player'. where is it?

For those of you having trouble make sure you have selected MP3 as the rip format in Windows Media player.  That was the issue I had when trying to do this.  The default file type for Windows Media Player is WMA which Spotify won't recognize.  Under "Organize" in Windows Media Player select "Options" and then choose "Rip Music" then select "MP3" under format and then click "Apply" then "OK"

Suggested posts