inconsistency between desktop and mobile app saved songs.

inconsistency between desktop and mobile app saved songs.

PawnChess
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

The U.S. 

Device

Phone = Moto Z Force Droid

Operating

Android Oreo

the issue I am having is with the desktop app. I will save a song on my phone and on my personal pc and laptop the song will show up, but not on my schools pc. I'm unsure how this inconsistency could be caused. both attached images are the top points of my saved playlist, as you can see they do not align. I've tried restarting, logging in/out, etc. I have no idea what the cause of this could be. 

Screenshot_20181114-085824.png
yikes.png
2 Replies

Re: inconsistency between desktop and mobile app saved songs.

sonnyd64
Casual Listener

[Note: For some reason this reply keeps on being auto-flagged as Spam; not sure why.]

I've been seeing the same thing for about a week and a half; it certainly seems to be an issue with the Windows desktop app specifically because when I go to the Web Player the list of saved songs matches what I see on my mobile app.  I've tried closing out of the application and clearing cached songs to no avail.  A complete uninstall/reinstall did bring my saved songs into sync with the web and mobile apps, but that's hardly a convenient solution for something that seems to happen any time I save songs from a non-Windows app.

In an effort to try to figure out what's going wrong, I tried selectively deleting some of my user data files to see where the issue might lie and I did notice the following:  If you navigate to your user-specific folder (C:\Users\[windowsusername]\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\[spotifyusername]-user\ in my case) and delete the largest of the "collection" files (mine was named "collection-[long string of numbers/characters]" at ~700 KB, compared to two others that were 1 KB) then restart the application, the app does refresh the saved songs from Spotify's servers.  I don't know if the root problem lies in the collection file or if it being deleted just triggers a re-sync, however, because after a fresh re-install and login those collection files are not present in the user folder.  Anyway not a great fix, but quicker than uninstalling-- hoping that information might help with the resolution of the underlying problem.

Re: inconsistency between desktop and mobile app saved songs.

PawnChess
Casual Listener

As I said in my original post I'm using a school computer and for whatever reason, I don't know if it's just a Windows thing or what, but I can't uninstall without admin credentials, but I can Install without them. I'll try messing down that path you sent me, thank you for taking the time to respond!

SUGGESTED POSTS