Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

last.fm does not scrobble my tracks correctly

Solved!

last.fm does not scrobble my tracks correctly

I recently found that when I play tracks on Spotify from my desktop, my last.fm does not scrobble the tracks. It does seem to recognize the track, as the track I am playing shows up on the last.fm website, but after the track ends, the scrobble is not recognized.  
here is an example. after that song ended, i refreshed the last.fm page and could no longer see the song.here is an example. after that song ended, i refreshed the last.fm page and could no longer see the song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had the same problem until recently. 

"Last.fm staff have confirmed that Spotify's internal scrobbling is dysfunctional on the newest desktop Spotify (version 1.0.80) and it also seems to be the case with the newest update of the Android app.

I suggest connecting Last.fm's scrobbler app to your Spotify account. Read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance."

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Same problem here. At first I thought there's something with my work PC, but I have the same issue on my home PC. Running Windows 7 at work and Windows 8.1 at home.

Marked as solution

Had the same problem until recently. 

"Last.fm staff have confirmed that Spotify's internal scrobbling is dysfunctional on the newest desktop Spotify (version 1.0.80) and it also seems to be the case with the newest update of the Android app.

I suggest connecting Last.fm's scrobbler app to your Spotify account. Read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance."

Today Lastfm has changed his way of scrobbling, cheack out

"Hello everyone,

***Please Note***: If you're having trouble scrobbling, please disconnect and reconnect your account on the settings page

We've created a new way to scrobble with Spotify. Instead of configuring each application or device separately, you now only need to link Spotify to Last.fm in your applications settings page. Once connected you'll be able to scrobble wherever you use Spotify. This brings back scrobbling to Spotify's web player, and opens up the ability to scrobble from Spotify Connect devices like games consoles, TVs, Amazon Echo, etc."

Source: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

Suggested posts