Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

mac osx 10.8.3 and spotify

mac osx 10.8.3 and spotify

Hi all,

I am in my late sixties but to me spotify is the best thing to ever happen. I love my library and also the radio feature which allows me to drive every one mad while I search for new tunes. One of my grandchildren recently bought me a Nokia 510 windows phone which I like very much. The only problem is that to run it from my mac book pro I need to download the windows app and to do that I need to download OSx 10.8.3.

I have read with alarm that this will cause Spotify to crash. Aagh!! My brother in law has the latest mac operating system and it won't open anything none mac. i.e. only plays music from itunes. Didn't take long for Steve Jobs influence to leave did it? Dammed money men.

What would you tech savy folks recommend save me getting a cheap pc to run my phone off. I only need it for updates to the phone as i am not going to be gaming, Oh! and downloading photos of course. My mac won't download the drivers for my phone.

Any help very much appreciated.

2 Replies

Hi. I'm not a Mac user but spotify works fine with recent MacOS versions and is fully supported for those by Spotify. As for the Nokia, there is no way to synch local files (files you own and have as mp3s etc on your laptop) so having it connect to spotify on your laptop won't be necessary. Playlists will show up on it automatically as these are stored on spotify's servers and, with a premium subscription, you will be able to listen to spotify content and download it to your Nokia over wifi or 3G/4G.

Also, I'd be prepared for Spotify to be unbearable on your 510, if memory serves that is a Windows Phone 7 device which Spotify released an app for but it was never really supported and has since been discontinued (with Windows Phone updates on Windows Phone 8 only). 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts