Premium

Country NL

Device

(iPhone 10 & Desktop

Operating System

(iOS 10,Windows 10,etc.)

Music label search doest work?

16 Replies

I have the same problem on Windows 10. Can't search within labels as of today.

My Spotify Profile: Jazzwhatever

I have the same problem too.  I don't think it's only with label though.  All the advanced searches don't seem to work for me.  

Same issue for me on mobile (Android 8.0) no advanced search whatsoever. Most advanced syntax stopped a while back such as BY YEAR, but was able to at least search BY LABEL, but I just noticed today that is gone too. Advanced Search was a killer feature so it's frustrating to see it broken or gone. Hope it comes back eventually.

Same here. Year search went by the wayside a while ago and now tag and label search is gone too. Is it browser-related? An update-issue? Or has it been dropped? Crushing news if the latter were true... I listen mainly to classical music and without tag, label and year search Spotify is downright user-unfriendly. Do fix this, please!

Why on earth would the team behind Spotify think this is a good idea? There was nothing "broken" or misleading with how it worked.

Hopefully it's just a bug, but if not, I'm going to upset because it's a great feature.

Also not working here 😕

Just got this reply from the Twitter Support:

"We're afraid it's no longer possible to search by label, but we'll be sure to pass on your feedback to the right folks. If you have any other questions, just shout /LZ"

So frustrating 😕

Wow. It does not make sense why those capabilities are gone. It all adds to the experience and allows us to search deeper into their library. I also wish they would announce the removal of features instead of making us play a guessing game. I'm glad we have the community we do or else communication would be **bleep**. Hope they bring it back in the future (even though its a longshot).

To be fair though, the label function was kinda bad to use. Some labels have the exact same name — odd I know, but it's happened for a few.

That is still no excuse for killing the other functions, such as, genre, year, album, etc.

The Advanced Search options are still listed on Spotify's [support page](https://support.spotify.com/us/article/search/). The page is also archived on Archive.org.

I am having the same problem. Have you been able to fix this issue? Label:”label” doesn’t work anymore

Hey, the API still works for searching by label. https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-search-item/ So if you're a developer or technically minded you can roll your own search tool as a workaround while Spotify sorts through this defect.

So irritating Spotify removes useful features.

tag label is working right now

ex: label:"fresh cut" 

but tag year and tag new still does not work

ex:

year:2018

tag:new

Thank you so much! 

Label, tag, year all working.

Thank you!

Suggested posts