Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music quality when downloading to listen offline (Windows)

music quality when downloading to listen offline (Windows)

I would like to know in what kind of sound quality playlist downloads are offline in the program for Windows PC? and if there is an option to select the quality type of offline music?

5 Replies

Hey @RomcellPinheiro

Spotify will sync offline tracks to which ever quality you select in the settings. "High Quality Streaming" in the desktop version will sync songs offline at 320kbps, you can toggle the HQ on and off. 

Hope this helps!

What about tracks already downloaded? Do they get updated to high quality at any point, if the setting is toggled some time after they were downloaded?

Hey folks, @NexusPlay

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

To change the quality of your downloaded contents you need to re-sync them, as they download with the quality adjusted in the app's Settings.

You can do this by performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. Once you have installed a fresh version, you can just download the desired contents again, this time with the newly selected quality.

You can find more info on Spotify Audio Settings here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Do songs only stream/play in the selected download quality while listening offline without an internet or data connection? Or if I download a song or playlist yet I am  listening while still connected to wifi or data - will it play at the streaming quality or the download quality I have enabled? 

Thanks,

Mark

Mark N Foley

Hey there @boomshack,

Thank you for your post. 

Your songs will play in the selected download quality.

As @Ivan mentioned - To change the quality of your downloaded contents you need to re-sync them, as they download with the quality adjusted in the app's Settings.

Take a look here on our support page about Audio settings

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts