Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

mute everywhere

mute everywhere

hi when i stop my music in spotify, i have no sound anymore everywhere in my desktop (youtube, videos...) so if i want to listen to some videos on youtube, the sound on spotify need to be at 0 and not in pause but it's really annoying. some help?

7 Replies

Hey @sjgzz.

That's odd. What Windows and Spotify version are you using? Also, is this happening regardless of the sound output device you use?

In the meantime, try reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps.

Keep me posted.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€
โ€• Maria Augusta von Trapp

when I pause spotify, mute all sounds in my computer... youtube, tv usb, internet radio... I Will try reinstalling spotify

Reinstall spotify does not solve the issue.

pause spotify mute all sounds in the computer.

Another issue is... when you are watching (and listening) tv, via usb tv stick and you open spotify, the sound is muted. Unmuted when you press play button in spotify. The only way to listening tv, is close spotify.

Windows 10 Pro (64)

This is happening since last two windows updated!! not before.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info!

Just to confirm, is this happening while you're casting Spotify to your TV, or are you listening on your desktop speakers?

We'll see what to suggest.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€

Hi

Desktop speakers

Alright!

In this case, let's try turning off Hardware Acceleration under View to see if it behaves the same.

You can also try launching Spotify as the administrator, and changing the compatibility more do Windows 7 to see if it helps.

Keep us posted.

No, that does not work

Suggested posts