Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

not all playlists will appear upon startup

not all playlists will appear upon startup

When I start spotify on my computer, not all of my playlists will be available to add songs to. They're all visible to scroll through on the left and I can listen to them, but if I right click a song to add it to a playlist, only a select few will be available, and I'm not able to drag the song to the left to add to the playlist that way (playlist becomes grayed out and cursor turns to the red prohibition sign). Sometimes I can fix it by completely closing and ending Spotify, but that's a rare fix, so I have to add the songs on mobile.

5 Replies

Hey @jakelong

I assume you're only trying to add songs to playlists that you've created yourself? If so, have you already tried a clean reinstall?

Note: After deleting the client, make sure there are no files left in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify before installing it again!

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, only playlists that I’ve made or are collaborative that I follow~ I can give a reinstall a shot. I’ll follow up.

i am stuck with the same problem and a clean reinstall doesnt work. Also, appears both on windows app and desktop stand-alone.

Yeah I saw that too, tried both apps 😞

Hey @jakelong@xrtze,  

A few other community members had the same problem and got it fixed by installing the client in safe mode. You can do that following these steps:

• Shutdown your PC and then restart it in Safe Mode (hit the F8 key repeatedly during the boot up process then select Safe Mode from the menu that appears)
  • Once launched in Safe Mode, go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features
  • Find Spotify and uninstall it
  • Shutdown your PC and boot it back up as usual
  • Go to the Spotify website, download the installer and reinstall.
MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts